ERROR: Sorry, this request is taking longer than normal.

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: ERROR: Sorry, this request is taking longer than normal.

Postby trax72657 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:57 pm

Similar problem here.

And also after getting the "request is taking longer than normal" lastpass icon turns yellow, but then when i click it it turns back to red.
trax72657

Postby Evert » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:11 am

...add me to the list. Premium subscriber, and currently trying to resolve it with LP support. Level 1 has handed me over to Level 2, and the ball is in their court, at the moment.
Evert

Postby trax72657 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:03 pm

Same problem happening all the time. Reinstalling Lastpass, clearing cache and disabling all Chrome browser extension doesn't help.
trax72657

Postby thesavo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:04 pm

Same, using Chrome. FF, and IE. Similar issue on Android app using LTE
thesavo

Postby maverick785 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:38 am

I am having the same issue. LastPass takes FOREVER to save a new site, usually timing out with a "this is taking longer than normal" error. Sometimes it does not save the site, sometimes it saves, sometimes it saves two copies of the same information. Super frustrating. I have used LastPass for years and have suffered through many growing pains but this is unacceptable. I was skeptical when Logmein bought LastPass, concerned the quality and security would be compromised. It seems they are determined to prove my suspicions correct. There is nothing worse than trying to use a security system that leaves doubt that it is working properly.
maverick785

Postby richinslc » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:11 pm

I am getting the same error as everyone else. This is unacceptable. I've been a lastpass premium user for ~5 years. Which competitor should I switch to? Dashlane? 1password? roboform?
richinslc

Postby vidguy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:01 am

Same issue here for our Enterprise users. It has been happening on all devices/platforms for about 1 month. I submitted a ticket, however I do believe this is the beginning of the end of LastPass. I will not be able to use the app any longer if this can't be fixed. We have been using LastPass since 2010 and never has it been functioning so poorly. That and the inability to Login..That problem created a business issue the other day as an employee could not login and perform an urgent update to an app... Client is not satisfied and I will likely lose that project now. Would like to hear of a "Bug Fix"
vidguy

Postby FlyingHawk » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Haven't experienced this issue myself yet, but the consistency among many other users' posts over a couple of months make me believe there's a fuckup on LastPass's backend. Not being able to resolve this issue for a few months suggests that the fuckup is massive, which is worrying.
FlyingHawk

Postby holtrd37 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:01 am

I think our accounts are seriously screwed up.

I gave up on LastPass over this issue, migrated my data to 1Password, and have been attempting to delete my account. Whether I choose the option that I know my password, or the option that I don't, I keep getting "An error occurred.:A". It also won't let me change my master password, I get "ERROR: J : error suberror=Gateway Timeout". This is just using the website, not even involving the browser plugins.

I have opened a support ticket to ask them to delete my account, who knows how long it will take for them to actually help me.
holtrd37

Postby geek793 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:19 pm

I'm starting to worry. I've had a ticket open for a few weeks now, and mostly what I've heard from them is occasional emails saying "we haven't heard from you" and that they will close the ticket. They know very well that I have a serious problem. But I kept it open by basically asking them "WTF" and the rep answered that it will stay open "internally" even if closed. Huh? WTF again? He thanked me for my patience. I'm a programmer so I understand their side of things, but I'm starting to worry that there's indeed a very serious problem. I wonder such things as "If I decide to switch to a different password app, will the export fail?" So now I'm doing periodic exports and keeping them on my hard drive, which of course defeats the whole security purpose of Lastpass, but what else can I do?
geek793

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting