ERROR: Sorry, this request is taking longer than normal.

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

ERROR: Sorry, this request is taking longer than normal.

Postby kobus747 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:17 am

Hi,

I see a few other posts when I google search for this, but when I want to reply on a post, it takes me to the index of this forum, so hence an additional post about this.

I get "ERROR: Sorry, this request is taking longer than normal." when updating an entry in my LastPass vault.

I sometimes also get other issues, such as the icon does not work - clicking it does nothing, or the auto fill is empty, even though the entry exists, and I am logged in, which also brings me to another issue: sometimes when logging in, I get tht my login failed, but then I am able to access my vault, so the login actually worked, but the error message says it did not.

I use Firefox Quantum 58.0.0.1, on Windows 10, but the problems were present on older versions of Firefox as well.

Please advise. :!:
kobus747

Re: ERROR: Sorry, this request is taking longer than normal.

Postby ksouthpaw » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:35 pm

I've been getting the same error all day on different PC's in different locations.
ksouthpaw

Postby jonat » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:14 pm

LastPass seems to have ongoing network issues today, despite the LastPassStatus Twitter account saying they are resolved. My experience is that I'll keep getting notices that the server can't be contacted and to "check your network connection". even though I have no issue with the network. The LP icon will go red and then change to yellow, and go back to red, over and over.

If this persists tomorrow I will file a ticket.
jonat

Postby ksouthpaw » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:13 am

I've opened a ticket with lastpass. It looks like others in the forum are having the same issue.
ksouthpaw

Postby kobus747 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:18 am

ksouthpaw Wrote:I've opened a ticket with lastpass. It looks like others in the forum are having the same issue.

Thank you :-)
kobus747

Postby jonat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:56 pm

I found that I had to remove and re-add the LastPass extension to Chrome to get it to stop giving me errors. Another PC with Chrome was fine.
jonat

Postby porkbelly » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Hacing same issue, Windows 10. Firefox and lastpass latest versions past few months. Have to close and reopen Firefox for this to go away, but it just comes back later.
porkbelly

Postby matt485 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:47 am

I'm having the same issues as well, LastPass just keeps getting worse and worse... I just want it to work and have my keyboard shortcuts back but it seems like there's no updates and more problems all the time :(
matt485

Postby lalex » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:15 pm

I'm also seeing this in Firefox. I enter the password to copy a password or try to save a new password for a site and it just times out. Very frustrating. For those who have contacted LastPass support, what do they have to say about this? It appears as if something is blocking the connection to their servers. I can't believe their servers are down so often.

UPDATE: Closing Firefox and re-opening appears to always repair this issue... but why?
lalex

Postby michael101 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:23 pm

I'm having the same problem. I normally use the chrome plugin and when trying to update password through that I got the error message invalid response. I then deleted and reinstalled the plug in but this didn't work. Following this I logged into lastpass on the web via firefox and now this error. Does anyone know what is going on?
michael101

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting