LastPass was unable to auto-fill this app on PWA's

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

LastPass was unable to auto-fill this app on PWA's

Postby programcsharp » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:23 pm

Portable Web Apps (PWAs) are becoming more prevalent, now that Firefox in addition to Chrome supports them. This is basically an "Add to home screen" feature that creates an addressbarless browser: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/App ... ome_screen

After adding to homescreen and trying to fill with LP, I get the dreaded "LastPass was unable to auto-fill this app" error. For example: https://www.wego.com/. Add the app to home screen, then try to fill it.

I'm assuming this is because LP detects that it's Chrome or Firefox under the covers, but there's no address bar showing. I've tried binding a domain to the app, nothing works.

It should be simple to detect and either a) fill it as an app or b) find the app's URL and use that. Firefox detects Chrome PWA's and lets you launch them via the android button on the address bar, so it should be possible to do.

Any other ideas in the meantime?

(this is on a Pixel 2 XL, Android 8.1.0)
programcsharp

Re: LastPass was unable to auto-fill this app on PWA's

Postby robin217 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:37 pm

Same on OnePlus 5T, Android 8.0.0.

I tested with mobile.twitter.com (the Twitter Lite PWA) using both Chrome and Firefox. Got the "LastPass was unable to auto-fill this app" error.
robin217

Postby antonjuulnaber » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:04 pm

I have the same issue. I am starting to use Twitter as a PWA. When i try to get Lastpass to enter my password, it asks me to scroll down so it can see the adress bar. That's kinda hard to do on a PWA :)
antonjuulnaber

Postby commerce82 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:16 pm

Throwing my voice into the chorus. I'm developing a PWA and this is a disturbing discovery.
commerce82

Postby Efari » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:29 pm

also reporting my issue.
on latest iOS, with the Facebook PWA, when i click the "password for facebook.com - LastPass" entry suggestion, it should prompt lastpass to verify with faceID, and then auto-fill in.
all that happens when i press to auto-fill is this: lastpass gets active, and i see the screen for faceID very shortly and then closes (crashes??) back to the Facebook PWA with nothing filled in
Efari

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting