Invalid response

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Invalid response

Postby NaveedLP » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:37 am

jim44314 Wrote:Following my initial post, I received the following reply from LastPass that suggested "clearing local cache." I followed the the directions in a link that they provided (see their second paragraph below) but could not find a path to clear local cache. Subsequent conversations were not helpful. Maybe this will work for others.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting LastPass Support! We are happy to help you.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused. Clearing LastPass' local cache might help. You'll see how to do it by clicking on this link,
https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=6796

Please log out and go back in then try again.
Let us know if this works or not so we can investigate further. We appreciate your patience.
Thank you for using LastPass! Have a good one!

Regards,
Knoll

Click on LP extension icon https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/wp-conten ... Log_In.gif -> More Options (see screenshot here https://snag.gy/2yGjnR.jpg) -> Advanced -> Clear LP cache and refresh sites.
NaveedLP

Postby jim44314 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:06 pm

Know,

This is the same reply to me that you posted 4 days ago. I have posted 4 or 5 times since then and provided screenshots to you and Mark to document the problems. Is anybody looking at those screenshots? The Clear Local Cache option does not exist on my computer. Are you going to get involved? As you can see, there are several other people who are having this problem.

Jim
jim44314

Postby clanwick284 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:47 pm

I too am having this same "Invalid Response" problem. I am new to LastPass, and so far am not impressed.
clanwick284

Postby lnoland711 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:22 am

For what it's worth, I was having the same problem. I followed the instructions to clear the local cache, then logged out of LastPass and logged back in and the problem was gone.
lnoland711

Postby HBB20 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:17 pm

YAY!! THIS WORKED :D

Just incase this helps someone is facing this. Following worked for me. Looks like something was broken as I changed my password after setting the Chrome Extension. So looks like server of lastpass was not able to verify my browser.

Simply click on extension of LastPass in browser and "Sign Out" of your account
Click again and it will ask to login. Go ahead and login again. Now server will know it's real you. and it should work for sites now.
HBB20

Postby hk100 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:26 am

Same problem here.
Clearing local cache has no effect.
Please help, this is a nightmare!
hk100

Postby deerock » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:59 am

Yes - as mentioned a few posts ago - just sign out and back in again. In my case, it was an expired 2-factor token that the browser extension hadn't picked up on.
deerock

Postby jim5280 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:18 pm

I just found this thread. All situations are exactly my problem. Every one was having the Invalid Response problem on their first or second day after downloading. But all of the problems were in January 2018. Same time and problem for me. But I saw only on solution posted and that did not work. What is the solution?
jim5280

Postby glencolli58 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:02 pm

I am having the same issues as the pop-up box tries to create / modify my password.... tried all the work arounds and get a sporadic results (works one time ... then doesn't). this is very annoying.
glencolli58

Postby tbaro57 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:48 am

Same issue for me. I'm worried to see that posts on same issue are several months old: did someone ever get an answer ?
tbaro57

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting