Invalid response

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Invalid response

Postby jim44314 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:17 am

I am seeing an error messages "Invalid Response" when trying to add sites. This is preventing me from adding sites like eBay and CalPhoto.
jim44314

Re: Invalid response

Postby ClassyViper » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:15 pm

I am having the same issue. For sites like Facebook or Mojang (just to 'test the water' of LastPass) saying to save a website. But when press 'save', it gives me an invalid response message.
ClassyViper

Postby summer187 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:03 pm

I'm having the same issue. I just installed LastPass in Chrome on OS 10.10.4 Yosemite and every time it prompts me to add a password in the Chrome extension, it rejects the email/password with a red box "INVALID RESPONSE." I can confirm that the email and password entered are valid.

Amy idea why three of us are experiencing this all on the same day? (Jan 24, 2018)
summer187

Postby txpenny » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:28 am

I'm getting this message when trying to edit a site and change the folder after setting the site up with the "Save all entered data" method.
txpenny

Postby txpenny » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:41 am

Now I can't set up a simple site from scratch. Tried to add LastPass with nothing more than inputting the URL, Name, Folder, UserName and Password. Cannot create. "ERROR: Invalid Response".

Does LastPass monitor this site?
txpenny

Postby jim44314 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:40 pm

I submitted a Support Ticket this morning as follows:

"I am seeing an error message "Invalid Response" when trying to add sites. This is preventing me from adding sites like eBay and CalPhoto. I have posted this issue to the forum and find that others are having this same problem."

"I attempted to login to eBay this morning and find that a new username has been established for my account. See the attached screenshot. I expected LastPass to simplify my browsing experiences. So far, it has done the opposite."

A response to that ticket may take some time as their policy is to service their Premium Members first. I'll post any response to this thread.
jim44314

Postby stirlinggardner409 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:53 pm

I have had the same thing happening for the last two days.

I looked for a place to submit a support ticket but didn't find it. Where do you see that?
stirlinggardner409

Postby jim44314 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:27 pm

I can't recall how I found the link and I am unable to find it again. I have exchanged several messages with two people and hope to have a solution soon. I will post a solution to this forum if I get one.
jim44314

Postby twright1881 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:29 pm

I cannot add a new site or update a current site's password, getting the Invalid Response error message, sure hope they get this resolved quickly!
twright1881

Postby jim44314 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:39 pm

Following my initial post, I received the following reply from LastPass that suggested "clearing local cache." I followed the the directions in a link that they provided (see their second paragraph below) but could not find a path to clear local cache. Subsequent conversations were not helpful. Maybe this will work for others.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting LastPass Support! We are happy to help you.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused. Clearing LastPass' local cache might help. You'll see how to do it by clicking on this link,
https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=6796

Please log out and go back in then try again.
Let us know if this works or not so we can investigate further. We appreciate your patience.
Thank you for using LastPass! Have a good one!

Regards,
Knoll
jim44314

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting