LastPass MacOS Client Quick Search is too slow

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

LastPass MacOS Client Quick Search is too slow

Postby GabLeRoux » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi, I'm a paid LastPass user and I use LastPass MacOS Desktop client for my daily work. I'm a developer and probably a power user. I use Alfred app a lot and can really compare speed here. When I do the shortcut to trigger the search, It's very slow, or am-I typing too fast? I don't think so...

I'm talking about the following feature (oh wow, I can't even embed pictures here):
https://i.imgur.com/Dxc0j6Z.png

Here's a quick screen recording video I did to present the problem:
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6fIRzRb ... /giphy.gif

As you can see, the cursor gets moved one step backward and it's missing the first letter. I typed "qwertyuiopasdfghjkl" at a constant rate. First part gets stripped and the string gets mixed up. It's very annoying and I don't feel productive using it. In comparison, when I start typing command within Alfred, all my keys gets captured even if computer is getting slow, It keeps my typing cursor where it should be and results are blazing fast. Maybe you should consider working with the guys behind Alfred for an integration, that'd be nice. Or just fix the search.
GabLeRoux

Re: LastPass MacOS Client Quick Search is too slow

Postby GabLeRoux » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:25 am

6 months later, I'm still getting this, I saw an update today on the app store concerning UX and I'm still very disappointed.
GabLeRoux

Re: LastPass MacOS Client Quick Search is too slow

Postby GabLeRoux » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:19 am

Still getting this with the new update.
(╯°-°)╯︵ ┻━┻
GabLeRoux

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting