LastPass Chrome Extension "Corrupt"

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

LastPass Chrome Extension "Corrupt"

Postby hinder90 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:30 pm

While I see that this topic has a long, esteemed history in a lot of forums, Reddit, etc... after years of using Chrome/LastPass extension the extension is no longer stable. The extension will eventually crash causing it to get the "Extension Corrupt" status in the "Extensions" viewer, requiring a "repair" which appears to just remove reinstall the extension, forcing you to log in, etc...

The problem is, this doesn't fix the problem. The extension will eventually crash, manifesting in the sudden closing of the window which LastPass Vault is open, or Chrome will crash entirely. I have yet to find a fix or work-around to this issue.

I am running MacOS 10.12.6, Chrome Version: 61.0.3163.100 (3163.100), LastPass 4.2.
hinder90

Re: LastPass Chrome Extension "Corrupt"

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Your browser user profile could be corrupt. Try creating a new one.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2364824

Also, if you have their binary component installed, try performing a full uninstall and then running the latest universal installer.

https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/uninstall ... -lastpass/
https://www.lastpass.com/download
jpenny84

Postby NarcAngel » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:19 pm

This is nothing to do on your side, nothing you do will change anything, this is a problem between Chrome and Lastpass and needs to be resolved by them. Never seen the "extension is corrupted" problem on Firefox... EVER. Only and ONLY with Chrome and only with LastPass it seem. I also have this problem and it's annoying as heck.
NarcAngel

Postby jblatt225 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:43 pm

Try using a different browser. I logged into LastPass via Safari and it seems to be working
jblatt225

Postby adgorn » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:58 am

I am having the same problem all of a sudden.
adgorn

Postby ann5353 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:23 am

I've been having the same problem for the past few months. Does anyone have an answer? LAST PASS; ARE YOU GOING TO RESPOND TO ALL OF THESE COMPLAINTS? DO YOU EVEN LOOK AT THESE FORUMS?
ann5353

Postby MrsK1957 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:20 pm

I've been a paying subscriber for several years, even though my needs would have been met with the free option. I just believed in the product and wanted to support the business. I have been experiencing this "extension corrupted" situation as well lately. It was actually very scary until I found out it wasn't malevolent, just an incompatibility of some kind. However, I think the fact that this has gone on for years and LastPass has been ignoring it, not even a comment or acknowledgement in their own database about the issue is inexcusable. I have now stopped my (paid) renewal of this service and am testing a different product. I was able to export all my LastPass data to the new PW manager in minutes, didn't have to re-type a thing.
MrsK1957

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting