LastPass Logs out EVERY time I close Firefox

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: LastPass Logs out EVERY time I close Firefox

Postby till324 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:09 pm

ikjadoon,
I found something that is working for me. I have two computers in two different locations, both Win7 and the latest version of FF. Today, on computer A, I refreshed FF and installed LP from the LP website for the FF plugin version,( I DIDN'T update LP from the FF addons) It installed 4.9.1.1. I frequently open and closed the browser on that computer throughout the day and it stayed logged in every time! I later went to computer B and just updated the plugin from 4.7.1 to 4.9.1.1 without refreshing FF and I had he same problems as before when LP would log me out almost every time I closed FF, then reopened the browser. I then refreshed FF on computer B, installed LP from the LP website and so far, no issue with logging me out! Maybe refreshing FF is the key? Hope that works for you.
till324

Postby ikjadoon » Wed May 02, 2018 5:32 pm

till324, I apologize for the delay. I missed the reply.

Thank you for sharing the workaround. I used that same one many weeks ago: refresh + FF Plugin (not add-ons). But, for the sake of consistency (so I can know they've really removed this present bug), I've held off to the nuking it all option--we'll see how much longer my patience runs, haha.

So, far it's lasted the five versions of LastPass: 4.9.2.0, the latest version, still has the bug.
ikjadoon

Postby till324 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:47 pm

I have been running 4.9.2.0 on both my systems and it has been working fine! Are you saying that you can't get it to work with the procedure I outlined, i.e. refresh FF then get the plugin from the LP website?
till324

Postby judyweller275 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:06 am

I am having the identical problem. I even tried setting the logout fields to 999 and still have the same trouble. The only solution I have found is to keep FIREFOX logged in all the time. If I don't if shuts LAST PASS down forcing me to log on again. I am very unhappy with LAst Pass and wish some developer had the courtesy to respond to an issue with so many similar complaints.

Judy :evil:
judyweller275

Postby StanH » Thu May 03, 2018 7:13 pm

I uninstalled LastPass, refreshed (restarted) Firefox and then got a new copy of LastPass from the LastPass website. I downloaded the Firefox file named:

lastpass_password_manager-4.9.2.0-an+fx.xpi
https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php ... &anchor=ff
using Chrome. The download was necessary because Firefox blocked the download. See:
https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=8986
and
https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php ... &anchor=ff

Still, when I reboot Firefox, I have to logon to LastPass again.
StanH

Postby oakside » Sat May 05, 2018 1:33 am

I'm also having this issue: When closing Firefox and starting again later, I will be logged out of LastPass. Not every time, but most (maybe 3-4 out of 5). Related: Sometimes it also sends me to a login page in a new window, instead of allowing me to login from the prompt from the icon in main toolbar. I kept thinking this bug would be fixed soon, but it has obviously not for some reason.

This has been occurring for a month or two. I've checked all of my LastPass preferences to check if anything was reset or something (nope, fine). I fresh installed Firefox and add-ons like LastPass after Firefox 57 (Quantum) was released, not long ago.
oakside

Postby FlyingHawk » Thu May 10, 2018 1:48 pm

I just tried a freshly installed firefox and LastPass add-on.

As long as I allow
1. firefox to save cookies (until they expire) AND
2. remember history AND
3. not check the auto-logout option in LP
LastPass can stay signed in very reliably.
FlyingHawk

Postby johntocon » Sat May 12, 2018 10:13 am

Been using LP on Chrome browser for a while and never had this logout issue on Chrome. Set up the wife as a LP family member and she uses Firefox. I've been trying to figure out this logout issue on FF since then (7-8 weeks).

I happened to do the FF Refresh and re-install LP from the web site the other day before reading about it here. This did not fix the issue...every morning when FF is started, LP is logged out.

Will keep reading here in hopes this FF/LP issue gets fixed soon.

FF is version 66 and LP is now version 4.10.0.
johntocon

Postby FlyingHawk » Sat May 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Guys, are you sure you aren't clearing any cookies? Or selected the keep cookies until "I close Firefox" option?

What most of you described seem very much like cookies were cleared at some point.
FlyingHawk

Postby as99 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:45 am

I had the same problem with Firefox 61.0 and was able to fix it by setting
Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Cookies and Site Data -> "ACCEPT THIRD-PARTY COOKIES AND SITE DATA" to "FROM VISITED"
as99

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting