LastPass Logs out EVERY time I close Firefox

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: LastPass Logs out EVERY time I close Firefox

Postby Shadetree43 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:31 am

Reinstalling software should not be required. This is clearly a bug and it still exists.
Shadetree43

Postby suttyom99 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:52 pm

Same problem, reinstalling Firefox, disable extensions don't help at all.
suttyom99

Postby Shadetree43 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:38 pm

I did a Help >> Troubleshooting Info >> Refresh Firefox, and it worked. Lost all of my settings, of course, which is a ridiculous thing to have to endure simply to get LP to work.
Shadetree43

Postby pixy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:24 am

I had this issue with first time installation of FireFox and LastPass after installing Windows on a new boot drive. It's definitely a compatibility issue. I got around the issue by using FireFox 52.6.0 ESR with LastPass 3.3.0. To prevent the versions from changing, I went to about:config and set extensions.update.enabled to false to prevent and then I went to Options | Update and selected Never check for updates.
pixy

Postby raymond679 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:52 pm

Just found the solution: refresh Firefox through https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... d-settings and subsequently install LastPass again; everything works like before again (enable cookies for LastPass)
raymond679

Postby shibinm978 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:13 pm

Find the same issue as well that Lastpass logs out every time i close firefox (i've set Firefox to "Never remember history" in the privacy & security option as i work on a few system which cause issues with caching. Thoughts?
and yes, i've tried everything suggested above on this discussion thread.
shibinm978

Postby rickxs61624 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:19 am

Refresh Firefox fixed it for me !!!! Firefox remembered bookmarks, cookies & settings, i thought id have to reinstall my addons but they came back 1 by 1 & * LASTPASS * now works
rickxs61624

Postby johntocon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi, Recently installed LP and was having this issue with LastPass logging out every time Firefox was closed. The above recommendation did the trick...I cleared cache and cookie to start clean and under 'Privacy' I had to set Firefox to 'Remember History'. Don't know why but it was set to "use customer settings".
johntocon

Postby otto871 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:11 pm

FWIW had the same chronic problem here. Went through refresh, to no avail. Finally figured out that the problem -- at least for me -- was a conflict with another addon "Nuke Anything". Once I disabled it, then LP recovered and is keeping logged in every time.
otto871

Postby ikjadoon » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:09 pm

For anyone who's done all the troubleshooting steps (disabling add-ons, confirming preferences, reinstalling the extension and Firefox, ensuring cookies are on, ensuring auto log-off isn't enabled, etc.), but still has this issue, LastPass Support has confirmed there's an "ongoing report", whatever severity that is.

Hi there,

You've reached LastPass Support! We’d be glad to assist you accordingly.

Upon checking, there is currently an ongoing report about this issue. We have yet to see any further resolution from the Development / technical team. But rest assured that they are doing their best to resolve this issue the soonest possible time. I will add your occurrence to the internal report, so our Development team will be alerted and to add severity to the ongoing issue.

Since we're not able to state when this will be addressed, kindly track the extension releases here https://lastpass.com/upgrade.php?fromwe ... asenotes=1 .

I would also like to add that our system may close this ticket in a few days automatically, with an automated message that you can feel free to disregard, Have a good day!

All the best,
Martha

FWIW, I'm on Firefox 59.0.2 & LastPass 4.9.0. The link given is quite old, so I've asked Martha for a proper link. I had this issue, some of the troubleshooting steps worked, but now it's appeared on its own again. :roll:
ikjadoon

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting