LastPass Logs out EVERY time I close Firefox

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: LastPass Logs out EVERY time I close Firefox

Postby designs705 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:44 pm

I can understand your frustration, really! This issue annoyed the heck out of me until I solved it. People mention disabling plugins/extensions because that's the first port of call. If that doesn't resolve the problem then something else is causing the issue. Are you aware of the term 'Session Cookies'? See info below:

Also called a transient cookie, a cookie that is erased when the user closes the Web browser. The session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed.

Personally I no longer use Firefox as I found it too buggy! Perhaps a user setting has got messed up causing the browser to ignore and delete the exception you made for LastPass. Maybe try Chrome and see if you have better luck with that? You can import your favourites directly into Chrome so there's no reason not to give it a go.

If LastPass Support is not helping you then your options seem limited unless you change password manager. Dashlane is very similar in functionality though I've not used it myself.

Best of luck finding a solution anyway.
designs705

Postby GreenTea13 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:02 pm

YES, I FIXED IT!!!!!

One of the things LastPsss support had told me to try doing was create a new profile and when I had asked them if they thought it would really work the response I got was "I am able to reproduce this issue and have submitted an internal report to our product team." so I thought that meant I shouldn't bother. Well, turns out that creating a new profile, installing lastpass directly from their web site (not a beta version, just the one they have on their front page) and then using Firefox sync to restore everything else fixes the problem somehow.
GreenTea13

Postby designs705 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:23 am

Glad you found your fix eventually, sounds like your Firefox profile got screwed up somehow. I've had the same thing happen myself with Firefox, it's another reason I now use Chrome. It's a shame you can't mark your topic as SOLVED, at least it would help others with the same issue.
designs705

Postby Jay28 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:06 pm

I am also using Firefox and never had an issue with Lastpass logging out when I close my browser until recently, and I have had the cookie setting set to never remember history all this time without issue. Now, in order to get Lastpass to stay logged in, I had to change the cookie setting in Firefox to remember history and I am not happy with this sudden change.
Jay28

Postby bautrey » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Same problem here. Always worked fine until I updated Firefox to Quantum v57.0
bautrey

Postby ranthon183 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 pm

I have the same issue. After using LastPass for > a year with no significant issues, Fx Quantum upgrade signaled the start of this problem.
LP ignores my checkboxes to save or to logout only after a long long time.
Possibly reinstall/s are needed. Hoping for a solution.
ranthon183

Postby ikjadoon » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:07 pm

I had a very similar issue, but LP logged me out every reboot and ocassionally also logged me out if I closed Firefox.

I checked all "auto logout settings". Nope, all unchecked.

I uninstalled and re-installled Lastpass via the Universal instaler. Nope, still kept logging me out.

Disabled all my Firefox extensions. Nope, still kept logging me out. (I can see why it's frustrating to test this if you don't have Steps To Reproduce like I did by simply restarting).

The only fix that worked, now on two totally different systems (same Firefox & LP profiles, though) that exhibited the exact same issue: Reinstall Firefox. I know seemingly simple, but wham, bam, shazam!

Logged in and it hasn't logged me out yet even after reboots and closing Firefox. Someone else mentioned this, but I wanted to include the failed additional steps I'd taken.
ikjadoon

Postby Yooperbacker » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:25 pm

When I closed Firefox 57 it would also log me out of Lastpass. It has been driving me nuts for a week or so. I tried different things I read on the internet and none of them worked.
I just saw the above post about reinstalling Firefox. I reinstalled Firefox and now all is working fine. Like it use to be. Thanks ikjadoon for the fix.
Yooperbacker

Postby pbb » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:45 am

designs705 Wrote:It's a shame you can't mark your topic as SOLVED, at least it would help others with the same issue.

If the original poster edits his initial post, then he can change the subject of the whole thread, for example to "SOLVED: LastPass Logs out EVERY time I close Firefox".
pbb

Postby wector147 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:50 pm

I have the same problem. LastPass keeps logging me ou t every time I close Firefox. I am really frustrated by this bug. And You guys are telling me that only thing that works is reinstalling Firefox? Why the LP developers won't address this bug, which is kind of important?
wector147

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting