Mac App Quick Search is Broken

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Mac App Quick Search is Broken

Postby jay718 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:35 am

I have the same issue --- have an ongoing support email chain with LastPass and they agree it's a bug, but there is no fix 'planned' yet; copied email response below.

---

Hello ,

The current update, version 4.37 is like the earlier update, 4.36. That's to say, those updates are both designed to address different issues; instead of the issue that you're seeing.
As soon as the development team provides a version number, or any other form of ETA I will be certain to send you a follow-up email.

Thank you,

Louis | Technical Support Representative II
LastPass
jay718

Postby nah404 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:11 am

This is so frustrating. To see actually how long this has been an issue is amazing. I can open Quick Search, search for a site, I get the spinning circle in the middle that doesn't go away, and if I click the button to copy the password, the whole thing freezes up. Please restore this functionality. Enough time has passed for this to have been restored.
nah404

Postby dpickard21739 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:01 pm

I am having this same issue. Very annoying. I have tried completely reinstalling, nothing seems to help.
dpickard21739

Postby mustangsal » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:15 am

I just updated to the latest 4.38 this morning. Quick Search is still not functional.
mustangsal

Postby MrImmutable » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:41 pm

Still broken in 4.39.0 - I have reached out to support. As with others, if this is not resolved by the time my subscription renews, I will move to a different password manager. Not only that, I will go one step further: actively campaigning against LastPass and encouraging all friends etc. to move to a more reliable password manager. This is absolutely unacceptable. FYI earlier versions like 4.31.1 still work properly. Maybe that will help them figure it out. Unbelievable really that this bug has persisted for this long..
MrImmutable

Postby bztr » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:35 pm

I just moved to a new Mac, and yes, the Mac App available for download on lastpass.com is horribly broken. However, the version available through the Mac App Store is 4.4.0, and shortcuts seem to work fine, including copying.
bztr

Postby MrImmutable » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:47 pm

bztr Wrote:I just moved to a new Mac, and yes, the Mac App available for download on lastpass.com is horribly broken. However, the version available through the Mac App Store is 4.4.0, and shortcuts seem to work fine, including copying.

Thank you so much for responding here. I removed the Lastpass.com app (4.39.0) and installed the Mac App Store one - works super fast! So much snappier, it is unbelievable really. No issue with copying passwords via quick search!
THANK YOU AGAIN!
MrImmutable

Postby jay718 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:40 am

Anyone else gotten a response from LogMeIn as to when this will be fixed?
jay718

Postby glennd » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:59 am

Hi,

We are looking into the copy/paste issue with the new Mac App, I will update this thread once there is more news.

Glenn Dobson | Community Leader, Social Support
LogMeInInc.com
glennd

Postby jay718 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:40 am

glennd Wrote:Hi,

We are looking into the copy/paste issue with the new Mac App, I will update this thread once there is more news.

Glenn Dobson | Community Leader, Social Support
LogMeInInc.com

fantastic news Glenn, this is a real productivity killer.
jay718

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting