Mac App Quick Search is Broken

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Mac App Quick Search is Broken

Postby shaynee162 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:27 pm

Broken for me too. It searches but doesn't copy anything to be pasted. Truly annoying. Also, when I open my vault, I would like the ability to just copy the pw or username. Instead I have to go in and edit and then copy.
shaynee162

Postby jas8522 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:57 am

Same here! But I think the issue that shaynee162 and I have is slightly different than the original post. We both can search at normal typing speed it seems. In my case, I can search and the results update just about as quick as I can type, but there's a loading indicator that appears centred and just keeps spinning. If I click on anything, it freezes and I can't interact with quick search any longer until I quit and relaunch the Mac app. This only began after install v4.32.

I just updated to v4.33 which seems to have been released today and it continues to exhibit this issue.
jas8522

Postby macalac » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:49 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've already piggy-backed on another thread -- this bug makes OSX QuickSearch unusable in work environment.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=344685&p=1155835#p1155835
macalac

macOs Quick Search shows list, but password promt disappears

Postby tom684 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:51 pm

# bug:
* copy password from quick search opens master password prompt but closes it immediately
* there is no time to enter the password
* bug appears after update to 4.33.0

# expected:
* master password prompt stays open for entering the password

# Steps to reproduce:
* click LastPass icon in menu bar
* click Quick Search
* enter a username (in order to copy password)
* click copy dropdown icon next to username
* click "copy password"

* Lastpass Version 4.33.0 (908)
* macOs 10.14.6
tom684

Re: macOs Quick Search shows list, but password promt disapp

Postby tom684 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:49 pm

Still happening with LastPass 4.33.5 (943)

Typing slowly -- as suggested earlier -- does not help on my machine.
tom684

Postby deejinoz » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:09 am

4.33.5 (943) Still not working properly. Search works OK but copying username or password and the applet locks up and fails to copy either to the buffer.
deejinoz

Postby danny77 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:58 am

deejinoz Wrote:4.33.5 (943) Still not working properly. Search works OK but copying username or password and the applet locks up and fails to copy either to the buffer.

I am seeing exactly the same issue, on Mojave 10.14.6. Same LastPass build.
danny77

Postby arubu » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:13 pm

Here the problem is very seemed. The search and copying username works, but copying password not. Inside the vault is the same behaviour. LP version is 4.34 and mac mojave 10.14.5
arubu

Postby fdanielsen » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:18 am

Signed up for this forum just to chime in on this. The previous LastPass app, before the apparent Safari extension policy change, worked decently. But this new macOS app with bundled Safari extension has degraded the experience severely. Eg. how is copying the password from quick search with cmd+C keyboard shortcut not something that is implemented at all?

But worse than that I'm experiencing similar issues as others have mentioned of a loading spinner showing up when trying to copy a password by clicking on a search result. Also, sometimes the quick search is just blank and completely non-functioning until restarting. It's just a blank window.

I'm pretty sure most of the time recently I've just had to open the full LastPass window, search up the item again, and get the password. Not having a keyboard shortcut or button to copy the password here either is also completely befuddling. Edit and delete gets buttons though…

Currently using LastPass 4.33.5, and macOS High Sierra. If it wasn't for my company using LastPass, I would seriously reconsider switching to something else.
fdanielsen

Postby matksr » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:34 am

I'm experiencing the same issue as tom684 with exactly the same steps. Copying username works, trying to copy a pw flashes the masterpw reprompt window and closes it immediately. I believe I found a (questionable) solution: Quick Search seems to be only working if one disables "access a sites password" in the advanced settings under re-promt for master password. Sucks, that a password manager needs you to disable security features to have it working correctly though :/
matksr

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting