Mac App Quick Search is Broken

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Mac App Quick Search is Broken

Postby nurseturkleton » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:06 pm

I think I found a solution for this. I went to the LastPass download page and installed the 'LastPass Universal Mac Installer', which adds the binary component via a 'LastPass Helper'. Since installing that, QuickSearch is working great again, and I can type as quickly as I want without crashing it. Hope this helps someone else!
nurseturkleton

Postby fgruntjes » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:03 am

Same issue here, using the universal mac installer did not change the problem I am afraid. Thnx for the effort though.

Really hope Lastpass fixes this QUICKLY, everybody in our office uses this feature ALLOT.

Already started looking for alternatives but so far not really found one.
fgruntjes

Postby jondrubin988 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Yeah this is almost at deal-breaker status for me. Does Last Pass test these builds before pushing them live?!?
jondrubin988

Postby 8bitveteran » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:17 am

I can confirm that this is happening on two separate systems, both at work and at home. Happens on both Sierra and Hi-Sierra (post upgrade), and changing the keyboard short cut does not make any difference.

This is a critical piece of work flow functionality for me, and it was working in August, so basically anything after version 3.23.x has this regression.
8bitveteran

Postby nurseturkleton » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:37 pm

Yeah, even though I used the universal installer, it's broken again. Works about 60% of the time. I really don't want to have to move 650 passwords over to 1Password, but I'm actually losing my love for LastPass because this has been broken for so long.
nurseturkleton

Postby nurseturkleton » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Today's update (3.24.0) seems to have fixed the Quick Search bug. Finally I can use LP reliably again!
nurseturkleton

Postby 8bitveteran » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:14 pm

I can confirm, on both home and office machines, 3.24.0 resolves the Quick Search issue. Thank you.
8bitveteran

Postby lpogrove » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:09 pm

This appears to have been fixed in 3.24.0. Yay!
lpogrove

Postby jma » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:19 pm

This happens several times a day for me. Have to completely quit the app and restart. Most of the time I can then access the vault, but sometimes it will immediately crash again. Super frustrating, since I prefer not to have my passwords integrated into the browser, so this is the only way I access the vault.
jma

Postby mymacguru » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:28 pm

My LastPass App is not working either. I pay for this service. I use this functionality more than I use my vault. The issue is my icon in my file menu is white with grey dots as if it's being clicked on. When clicking on the icon I get no response. I am on a 2015 MacBook Pro. MacOS El Capitan which I know was working perfectly because I do not update my OS very often and the app was working well up untill the last update. Any chance I can get a link to downgrade?
mymacguru

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting