Addon on Firefox not working properly

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Addon on Firefox not working properly

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:36 am

owenw4rd796 Wrote:Same problem here. LP says I'm logged in, but Show Matching Sites is empty. Search LP Vault finds nothing.

The work-around is to log out of LP and log in again. I think it stops working after a browser restart.

The bug seems to be that LP gets logged out, but the UI shows it still logged in. I have both Automatic logout settings unchecked. At the very least, fix the UI to correctly show logged out status.

FF 56.0 32-bit.
LP 4.1.54

Update to 4.1.66a. If that doesn't work, refresh your browser profile then install 4.1.66a again.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ta-channel

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... d-settings
jpenny84

Postby owenw4rd796 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:44 pm

Update to 4.1.66a. If that doesn't work, refresh your browser profile then install 4.1.66a again.

Thanks! That version seems to have fixed the issue. I didn't have to do a refresh.
owenw4rd796

Postby Echodub » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:20 pm

owenw4rd796 Wrote:

Thanks! That version seems to have fixed the issue. I didn't have to do a refresh.

Nice to hear, but *some* of us have tried the aforementioned [fix] countless times and it still doesnt solve our issues - with or without doing a Firefox refresh!
Echodub

Postby Ovis » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:02 pm

It has been said here, that LP is working on an adequate extension for FF57. Well it is not working in FF56 right now since today! I didnt update to any Beta version and it has stopped working with the explanation from FF that it has been disabled for Signature reasons. Someone knows what to do to get this active again before November?
Ovis

Postby bart718 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:14 pm

I may have stumbled across a solution.
If you login to your vault (I did that from the shortcut on my start menu), and it is still the old UI, change it to the new one (version 4?)
After I did that, Lastpass add on in FF worked again.
bart718

Postby lordjohn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:01 am

This issue really needs a proper fix. Too many people have it. I have tried deleteing LastPass and reinstalling and no success. Since it is broken for so many different versions of Firefox, it would seem to be a LastPass issue. Perhaps if code to remove it completely from Firefox would help. LP should be able to produce thiis. Then a clean reinstall would either fix this or still show the problem. If the latter, then a proper fix could be created.

I have no wish to rest and reinstall Firefox. Too much work and anyway I consider the problem is LPs to fix. Users who are on the Premium version I susspect are not pleased (or does it not have the problem.

Come on LP - we want to help you - please help us.
lordjohn

Postby Echodub » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:18 am

For God's sake - how much longer do we have to wait for a definitive fix and how much longer until Lastpass actually recognise these forum posts and acknowledge our issues?
This is absolutely dispicable.
:twisted:
Echodub

Postby quickskier47472 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:50 pm

Lastpass seems to not care. Even an email update saying they were optimizing for FF 57's new engine would give me some hope. I'm currently in a loop chain with support where they have me reinstall/refresh/redo everything with FF and the add-on, to no avail.

My premium subscription is about to expire and I am opting not to renew it with a memo to the Lastpass team that I have no intention to pay for a buggy unusable product. They won't fix it as long as they keep getting money for it. I am currently looking into alternatives for password management.
quickskier47472

Postby Echodub » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:59 pm

quickskier47472 Wrote:Lastpass seems to not care. Even an email update saying they were optimizing for FF 57's new engine would give me some hope. I'm currently in a loop chain with support where they have me reinstall/refresh/redo everything with FF and the add-on, to no avail.

My premium subscription is about to expire and I am opting not to renew it with a memo to the Lastpass team that I have no intention to pay for a buggy unusable product. They won't fix it as long as they keep getting money for it. I am currently looking into alternatives for password management.

@ quickskier47472:
It really is a complete waste of time asking for LPass to help with these issues.
I have opened several support tickets and had NOTHING in the way of resolution, only excuses and lack of interest.
I have been a Premium member for years and I didn't renew my subsciption this time.
They really do not care at all.
Save your money - go elsewhere and if you find a [reliable] suitable alternative, do let me know.
I have dissuaded many, many friends / potential subscibers from using LPass since this thread started.
They [LP] have proved how worthless and uncaring they are time and time again, in recent weeks.
A total joke.
Echodub

Postby bart718 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:09 am

try the new addon
bart718

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting