Lastpass logs out every time I close browser

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Lastpass logs out every time I close browser

Postby dgreen97 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:02 am

I'm using firefox latest version and every time I close it, lastpass logs out. I open up the browser, log in and everything is fine, but when I close it and reopen then I have to log into lastpass again. Any ideas on how to fix this? I don't have auto log out checked in lastpass preferences, I don't have cookies clearing every time I close the browser.
dgreen97

Re: Lastpass logs out every time I close browser

Postby Guy Scharf » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:22 am

I have been having the same problem with Firefox for several days. Chrome and Edge work fine; the problem is only with Firefox. I have FF 55.0.1 (32 bit). Any suggestions are welcome!
Guy Scharf

Postby BrianWesterman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:16 am

I have the exact same problem. It started when I last updated Firefox and re-installing LastPass doesn't seem to matter, it just asks me to redo my userid and password when I restart Firefox and after a reboot.
BrianWesterman

Postby mirogi45 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:11 am

Seems this has been the issue since the last update. I'm having the same issue as well.
mirogi45

Postby BrianWesterman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:31 am

You are correct, I tried the beta version of lastpass and it has the same problem, I'm thinking about moving to an older version to see if it has the same issue.
BrianWesterman

Postby BrianWesterman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:19 am

Nope, even the older version doesn't seem to want to work with the new(er) firefox.
BrianWesterman

Postby BrianWesterman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Hi,

I received a response back from LASTPASS support that helped me to fix the problem. I think it was a combination of factors from other add-ons that caused me to have a problem in the first place. Step one of their suggestion did not work, but step 2 (while drastic) fixed the problem. I had to modify it a little, but having LASTPASS be the first add-on I installed after the refresh.

Just remember before you resort to option 2, that you list your current add-ons and extensions and make sure you get them again after the refresh. Also, this is probably a good time to replace the add-ons that are still "legacy" with versions that will support 57+

Thanks to Camille in support for sending me this response
start of paste....

Hello There,

Thank you for contacting Last Pass Support.
I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

I would suggest for youto do the following:
Please uninstall lastpass for Firefox : go to Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions -> Remove LastPass.
and reinstall: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... sions/beta

If uninstallation doesn't help, please do the following:

Reset your Firefox browser to its default settings https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... d-settings. Once done, reinstall your LastPass extension here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... sions/beta

.....end of paste

Good luck, but I think this will fix the problem. In the end, I believe it was a problem with two other add-ons I used DISCONNECT and ADD-BLOCK PLUS, which are the first two I added previously. I didn't even bother using add-block plus this time, I switched to uBlock origin and it seems to work much better. I had considered changing over to uBlock previously, but held off, but since the refresh forced me to reinstall them all, I decided to give it a good shot and so far it's pretty nice.
BrianWesterman

Postby Guy Scharf » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:28 am

Resetting Firefox to its default settings and reinstalling LastPass worked for me too It's been years since I have changed my list of add-ins, so this gives me the opportunity to see which ones are truly needed, if any, given improvements in Firefox.
Guy Scharf

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting