SMS verification code Issue!!!!

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

SMS verification code Issue!!!!

Postby DoitRight » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:01 am

Hi Lastpass team.

I'm new user, I'm in Ireland and I'm trying to set up the multifactor verification option, but there's a problem, my sim is Virgin and I can't get any SMS verification code (which suck, no idea why in that aspect Virgin is so bad) anyway, I called them and asked why that's happening, they said that they need to know from where the SMS is being sent, if from a network system, or a phone number the source, then they can see what they can do to make it available, if they can. I was reading some post and there's a lot of people with the same problem, whoever have Virgin mobile in Ireland (again, in that aspect Virgin sucks, such a bad thing, make you want to go to another company, really....)

Anyway, I hope you can give me a hand here, also if possible, you can tell me which other ways I can use to get the multifactor authetication working! (I hope is not by getting a new sim card, because here, mobile services are expensive though.)

Thanks again.

Cheers.

DR.
DoitRight

Re: SMS verification code Issue!!!!

Postby jonat » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:37 pm

What kind of LastPass 2FA requires SMS verification? I suggest that you pick a dfifferent 2FA, such as Google (or LastPass) Authenticator, Authy, Duo, etc.
jonat

Postby lbow495 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:03 pm

dont know if you got you're problem sorted, but I had similar/same issue a couple of weeks back ...lastpass was saying it had sent "a batch of codes" but none were being received by my phone (had had no problem receiving these codes in previous months) ..turned out it was not a problem with the mobile network, but with lastpass themselves ..their system has somehow swapped around my phone nmr with the nmr I gave as a "backup phone" (my son's mobile nmr) ..and the codes were going to his phone (but he was away so I didn't know and was locked out) ...lastpass support were unable to explain how this happened!
lbow495

Postby SagTheDog » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:45 pm

lbow495 Wrote:dont know if you got you're problem sorted, but I had similar/same issue a couple of weeks back ...lastpass was saying it had sent "a batch of codes" but none were being received by my phone (had had no problem receiving these codes in previous months) ..turned out it was not a problem with the mobile network, but with lastpass themselves ..their system has somehow swapped around my phone nmr with the nmr I gave as a "backup phone" (my son's mobile nmr) ..and the codes were going to his phone (but he was away so I didn't know and was locked out) ...lastpass support were unable to explain how this happened!

How did you solve your issue? I swapped phones with my sister. Now that I am trying to log in to lastpass the batch passcodes are being sent to my sister's phone.
SagTheDog

Postby lbow495 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:21 am

I didn't really resolve my issue ..I simply disabled 2FA since I can't trust it ...lastpass said they'd never heard of this happening before and would "keep me posted on any updates as they became available" ..but I've heard nothing since
lbow495

Postby Vitalii » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:05 am

The same issue here.
My wife receives the codes and I can't even find her number anywhere in settings. How to get codes on MY phone, which is set up in my profile?
Vitalii

Postby jonat » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:44 pm

I still think someone is confusing a different provider's request with LastPass. I can't find any place LastPass would want to use SMS for passcodes (which is good.) It would be instructive to see a screenshot of one of these requests.
jonat

Postby tdbin794 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:48 pm

jonat Wrote:I still think someone is confusing a different provider's request with LastPass. I can't find any place LastPass would want to use SMS for passcodes (which is good.) It would be instructive to see a screenshot of one of these requests.

i am not getting sms
tdbin794

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting