Autofilling Old Username

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Autofilling Old Username

Postby daveinmaine12803 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:48 am

I have been having a weird problem. When logging into Adobe CC Lastpass appears to be auto filling my old username for the site. At first I assumed it was my browser (Chrome on Chrome OS). I completely disabled smart lock, cleared out all my saved passwords and finally just cleared all data. Still happening. At that point I was sure it was Last Pass, but searching through my vault I cannot find any sign of the old username. When I copy username and enter it it words fine, when I select Auto Fill it puts in the old one
daveinmaine12803

Re: Autofilling Old Username

Postby peter77 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:11 am

I have the exact same problem! LastPass is filling the old username for Facebook and for my banking site. I thought I was going insane until I found this post, so thanks for that!

Did you find a solution to the problem?
peter77

Postby peter77 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:30 am

I found a solution:

Delete the entries that fill the old, wrong username (save these usernames and passwords in a temporary text document) and make new entries. There should be no username/password history anymore, problem solved - for now!
peter77

Postby waldemar.jezler » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:40 pm

thanks for solution! worked for me!
waldemar.jezler

Postby randilbent5323 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:52 pm

The solution that worked for me was to click the edit button of the site that was auto filling with incorrect info, open 'advanced settings' and confirm auto fill is not selected. Click the 'edit form fields' button within the 'edit password' box and delete the old field/value that is auto populating incorrectly.
randilbent5323

Postby email415 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:12 am

the last poster's advice was the best. I went to edit on the culprit site, clicked the wrench icon labeled "edit form fields" and sure enough, there were a ton of duplicate fields with the wrong email being in one of them. I deleted all dups and it worked.
email415

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting