Adding Javascript to eBay listing code

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Adding Javascript to eBay listing code

Postby aecouch259 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:48 pm

I am told by eBay that LastPass is adding active content in the form of Javascript at the end of my listing wordings when I am editing. Please could you advise how to avoid this as eBay won't allow it and if there is no 'cure' I will have to uninstall LastPass
aecouch259

Re: Adding Javascript to eBay listing code

Postby munrobasher » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:36 am

Hmm, interesting. I've ended up here because eBay UK is almost unusable for me on Windows Edge. Takes 20 seconds to open an item. Disable LastPass and it's a second or so. Are you using Edge?
munrobasher

Postby aecouch259 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:16 pm

No I am not using Edge. I use Avant so I can change the engine to suit the site. However, I have yet to find anything that works well with all of eBay. When I complained to eBay I was told that the eBay site is not compatible with Windows 11 (yes honestly!) so it might not like Edge much either. As far as I am concerned eBay has got to be the slowest site online whatever browser is being used. I do agree though that turning off Last Pass does seem to speed things up a bit. So what is the answer LastPass?
aecouch259

Java Script in my ebay listing

Postby wendylady » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:20 pm

I keep getting emails from Ebay notifying my that my listings will not be able to be viewed on a certain date because I have java script enable in my descriptions. I have went in multiple times to remove it but it keeps appearing. I noticed that the java script has to do with lastpass user and password. Why would this be added?? This can't be very secure.
wendylady

Postby Anon123410 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:35 am

I am having the same issue, has anyone been able to rectify this? I am a frequent eBay user and need a way to use LastPass and eBay securely together.
I am unable to post an example of the code here as the forum is flagging it as suspicious, but it mentions things like 'old_username', 'old_password' and 'lpcurruser'. On some eBay listings there are up to 96 pages of it, at this length it seems to 'break' our eBay template and posts the code to the front end view. I am concerned about sensitive password information being autofilled somewhere. Any advise welcome.
Anon123410

Postby nectarine » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:50 am

I've also noticed this bug. Here's a screengrab: http://imgur.com/a/ypQKP . I've also noticed that ebay is super slow- not just the logging in, but the site itself. Possibly related to last pass? It's a bit concerning that this has been going on since at least March.
nectarine

Postby info233 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:02 pm

I am also having this issue - Ebay Australia is notifying me of active content (which is no longer allowed). This is being added to a form's text field. Why?

The code cannot be added here as LastPass forums deem it to be suspicious. I will email it in a support request.
info233

Postby jskerchner » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:50 am

I am having this issue too using Firefox. This issue is going back to March of 2017, at least on this thread. This needs to be fixed. Javascript should never be inserted into any text fields on any website.
jskerchner

Postby bathrick753 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:04 am

I also am having this issue. If I disable LastPass, the Javascript is not injected into my eBay code. When I enable LastPass, the listings are again injected with Javascript.

I use Firefox 58.0.2 with LastPass 4.2.3.20 on Windows 10.

It looks like I'll have to leave LastPass disabled since this issue has not been addressed in months. Too bad, it is a useful plug in but I can't have my eBay listings mangled like this.
bathrick753

LastPass Injecting JavaScript into Ebay Listings

Postby techwatchradio » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:54 am

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone is aware of this (I tried searching this forum with no results) but LastPass is injecting hidden JavaScript code into the HTML tab of new eBay listings. I can prove this, and replicate it. This needs to be fixed ASAP. I can post the code of the JS if need be, but I don't want to trip anything on this post. Let me know if I can help.
techwatchradio

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting