How to prevent the help window to appear over and over?

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

How to prevent the help window to appear over and over?

Postby Diazruanova » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:43 pm

Hi,

Maybe I am not understanding how it works, but how can I disable for good the big help window which appears very often when I am logging into a new site? I always click on the "Do not show this help item again" box but to no avail.
Does it appear on every new site for the first time and later it does not appear on that particular site again?

Thanks
Diazruanova

Re: How to prevent the help window to appear over and over?

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:50 pm

Diazruanova Wrote:Hi,

Maybe I am not understanding how it works, but how can I disable for good the big help window which appears very often when I am logging into a new site? I always click on the "Do not show this help item again" box but to no avail.
Does it appear on every new site for the first time and later it does not appear on that particular site again?

Thanks

You should see it with four different prompts one time only -- each one is for new functionality (First Generate Password prompt, First Form Fill prompt, First time a Field is highlighted , First save account prompt). You should never see it again after the first time if you leave the 'defaulted checkbox' on. If you are still seeing it send an email to support@lastpass.com with your account name and we'll look into it further with you.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby The Plagiarist » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:58 pm

I'm getting this too. I think it's due to the nasty habit of forgetting to close Firefox properly until it crashes so the notifications happen again and again.
The Plagiarist

Postby Diazruanova » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:46 pm

JoeSiegrist Wrote:
You should see it with four different prompts one time only -- each one is for new functionality (First Generate Password prompt, First Form Fill prompt, First time a Field is highlighted , First save account prompt). You should never see it again after the first time if you leave the 'defaulted checkbox' on. If you are still seeing it send an email to support@lastpass.com with your account name and we'll look into it further with you.

Joe

Thank you very much Joe, I am kind of impatient and not very prone to read instructions :oops:, but now I got it. GREAT extension for FireFox and Mac OSX, I already imported ALL of the Passcards from Roboform on my PC into my iMac and it is working SUPER !!! Thanks again :D

Best regards from Mexico

Enrique Diazruanova
Diazruanova

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting