Import from Firefox not working

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Import from Firefox not working

Postby blasterspike » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:55 am

I have opened a support ticket and they have replied that the Product team was already aware of the issue and they are working on a fix but no ETA.
blasterspike

Postby rhardy552 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:52 pm

I too experienced this issue. Just importing Firefox secrets didn't work for me either. I found a workaround.

nirsoft.net makes a free tool called passwordfox. It can read the Firefox password store and export a CSV file.
It can be found here: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/passwordfox.html

Launch it on the computer and as the user you want to export.

Select option to add header info in passwordfox output with View -> "Add Header Line to CSV/Tab-Delimited File.

In Passwordfox hit ctrl a to select all and then File -> Save selected items.
Select Save as type Comma Delimited Text File and put the file on your desktop as ffpass.csv.

According to the Last pass help under Importing Passwords Lastpass understands a header line with any of the following column titles:
url,type,username,password,hostname,extra,name,grouping

I exported my existing lastpass store as a export.csv on my desktop.

What it actually used for the export headers in my case was: url,username,password,extra,name,grouping,fav

I edited ffpass.csv in a spreadsheet, I used Libreoffice Calc, and deleted all columns except the ones below and updated the header as follows:
Web Site,url
User Name,username
Password,password

I added three more columns with titles extra,name,grouping
I left extra empty. It is the comment field.
I set the name field as appropriate and used grouping to put each entry in the right folder. I made all the folders before the import.

My final import file had these headers: url,username,password,extra,name,grouping
I saved my spreadsheet again as a CSV as fflogins_import.csv.
In Lastpass I opened my vault and went More Options -> Advanced -> Import and then selected Generic CSV File.
I loaded fflogins_import.csv in Notepad++ and copied the text into the import form and hit upload.
I validated the output and imported it all. Worked fine.
rhardy552

Postby marcolou16142 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:17 pm

Used this work around...until LP comes out with a fix.

https://www.techsupportalert.com/conten ... st-you.htm
marcolou16142

Postby blasterspike » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:52 am

I have tried with the plugin version 4.7.1 but I have exactly the same problem: nothing happens when I want to import.
blasterspike

Postby chemicallymark » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:11 am

Same issue here.

I will find an alternative product. It is absolutely ridiculous that they have been "aware of the issue" for the past 15+ months but still unable to resolve it.

I mean this is basically the 1st step in using the product. If step 1 is this buggy do you really trust them not to totally mess up in the future...?!

This was their official response when I contacted them about the same issue:

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting LastPass Support.

We have received similar reports and have forwarded this to the product team. Although I am unable to say when this will be fixed (i.e. provide an ETA), rest assured that this is currently being looked into by our devteam.

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Ridiculous!
chemicallymark

Postby bekerlastpass549 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:00 pm

Well, it took maybe 15 wasted minutes to confirm what so many others find - namely, LastPass doesn't reliably import from Firefox. It shows the passwords as Chrome items and doesn't delete them from FF when it seems to import. If the LP team can't make their own software work flawlessly after many months of comments, this isn't an app worth trusting with passwords . . .

GB
bekerlastpass549

Postby 1962up » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:14 am

blasterspike Wrote:I have tried with the plugin version 4.7.1 but I have exactly the same problem: nothing happens when I want to import.

@ blasterspike: This is an interesting workaround. After importing from firefox can you change back to the current LP version? It doesn´t sound so in this text, but I would not know why... The current version of software is always the safest, I think, and working with an old one does not feel really good, just in this area... ;)

Thanks
1962up

Postby blasterspike » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:36 am

I don't feel safe either using an older version, specially if there are security fixes in between the versions.
I was just trying to follow marcolou16142 suggestion of using v4.7.1 to import from Firefox but it doens't work anyway.
I have also tried with the latest version v4.9.1.1 (Last updated 13 Apr 2018) but nothing happens when I click import.
blasterspike

Postby zero19579 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:57 pm

Same. Just installed LastPass from the Mozilla addons market (because installing from LastPass website does not work) on Firefox Nightly 61.0a1. Nothing appears after clicking "Firefox Password Manager".
zero19579

Postby liujibin320755 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Searched a bunch of solutions, and I think I found one:

https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=3206

check this page and see if you have the binary installed. Once you downloaded the binary, it will prompt you to import passwords in firefox, safari, and chrome. I tried it on mac and it works
liujibin320755

Previous

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting