Import from Firefox not working

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Import from Firefox not working

Postby erds4374 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:03 pm

Hello All,

I'm finding myself unable to import my passwords from the Firefox password manager. It prompts me for the password from Firefox, but then the import button does nothing.

This same process worked perfectly on my work computer. Has anyone run into this before? Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't know where there would be an error log to check into this further.

Thank you
erds4374

Re: Import from Firefox not working

Postby absriram » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:09 pm

I am having the same issue. Nothing happens on clicking the Import Button.

Can someone help?
absriram

Postby daid123 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:05 am

same here :-(
daid123

Postby francoestrubia143 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:44 pm

Not Working here either. How realiable is lastpass if can't fetch my passwords from firefox? Odd.
francoestrubia143

Postby fuzzmanks » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:13 pm

It has been a few months since I did my import. I tried several times to import my FF passwords. What finally worked was to get the import process started within my Chrome browser, then export my FF passwords and paste the "Generic CSV data" into the Chrome browser import screen.
fuzzmanks

Postby kyrazy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:42 pm

I just started using LastPass. I downloaded and installed as required. My first step was to import my passwords from Firefox. "More Options", "Advanced", "Import" I select "Firefox Password Manager" from the drop down menu. When I click on the Import button, nothing happens. Nothing. Nada. The button changes color to indicate the click is received but that's it. I really wanted to like this system but the fact that the first thing I tried to do failed and that this has been a problem, not addressed by LastPass on this forum for SEVEN months makes me question the system and the customer service.
kyrazy

Postby Yerles » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:23 am

I had the same problem. I got a clue how to fix it on my machine from viewtopic.php?f=12&t=230485

My first 2 saved passwords in Firefox where ftp accounts. When I removed them, the import function in LastPass worked fine
Yerles

Postby captjim » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 pm

Just installed LastPass (free version) as an add-on to Firefox 57.0.3 (64-bit), and restarted Firefox. First order of business is to import all login passwords that Firefox has memorized for me. BTW, apparently this version of Firefox has done away with the password exporter that I understand was available in previous versions.
So I click on the LastPass tools icon/More options/Advanced/Import/Firefox Password Manager and the only thing that happens is the drop-down menu goes away - nothing appears in my vault.

Looking at the forums I see that multiple people have reported issues with this over a long stretch of time, some have found arcane solutions by serendipity, but I haven't seen anything by the LastPass people saying here's the deal with importing Firefox passwords that just makes it work, or an explanation of why it doesn't. Does a new account have to percolate for a day before it works? Then say so.

As vital a program as a password manager is, it certainly doesn't instill confidence if it can't perform the first basic task it must do upon installation.
captjim

Postby ethanpo42 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:56 pm

Also experiencing the same issue on Firefox 58.0.2 using Lastpass 4.2.3.
ethanpo42

Postby zetka » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:31 am

The same problem here, after trying to import passwords, nada happens...
zetka

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting