Endless loop installing binary component

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Endless loop installing binary component

Postby Advansys » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Yes, I did get binary support back but the fingerprint reader is still not working correctly within Chrome.
Advansys

Postby glr57 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:54 am

This is fixed now. Update Chrome, install binary, invoke fingerprint, restart and praise the lord it's back!
glr57

Postby mcouvillion246 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:26 pm

Is there any update?

I have a small one. On the business front we have stopped using Lastpass. This inability to work with chrome 55+ was a showstopper. We waited for a fix, but have had to move on as there are at least a half dozen alternatives who have figured out how to work with biometric devices like fingerprint scanners. I'm still using it at home but about to make the switch away myself. Used to be a big advocate for LP but can no longer do so.
mcouvillion246

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:04 pm

mcouvillion246 Wrote:Is there any update?

I have a small one. On the business front we have stopped using Lastpass. This inability to work with chrome 55+ was a showstopper. We waited for a fix, but have had to move on as there are at least a half dozen alternatives who have figured out how to work with biometric devices like fingerprint scanners. I'm still using it at home but about to make the switch away myself. Used to be a big advocate for LP but can no longer do so.

The binary was updated in early January. Install the latest universal installer and re-configure your fingerprint reader.
jpenny84

Previous

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting