No "Copy Password" option in LastPass extension for Safari

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: No "Copy Password" option in LastPass extension for Safa

Postby nixumecirfrie » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:01 pm

It doesn't work on Sierra, confirmed with support. No Helper app or Binary
nixumecirfrie

Postby scx » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:39 am

nixumecirfrie Wrote:It doesn't work on Sierra, confirmed with support. No Helper app or Binary

It does work on sierra, their support staff is as mentally challenged as their programmers it seems.

Thx typh.
Since lastpass programmers aren't able to replace text in a text file, I believe I shouldn't entrust them with sensitive data.

For users who want to stick with this service coded by monkeys, follow typh's instructions to fix it:

Install binary compenents (Safari LastPass Icon > More Options > About LastPass > Install binary extension).
In finder, shit+cmd+g (Go to Folder...), ~/Library/LaunchAgents/
Open com.lastpass.LastPassHelper.plist file in textedit, you will need to enter your user password.
Replace the text REPLACE_HOME with the path to your home folder, for example /Users/MyName.
The final string will be something like: /Users/MyButifulUsername/Library/Application Support/LastPass/LastPassHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/LastPassHelper
Save and reboot.

If you don't know your home path, open a terminal and enter: echo $HOME
That will print it. Worked for me on OSX 10.12 (sierra).
scx

Postby YurySG » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:19 am

Initially this fix worked for me. But eventually, few days later, the Copy Password option disappeared again. LastPassHelper.plist file looks good.

I have been paying customer for a number of year and I'm becoming fed up with LassPass or should I say LogMeIn? I don't want to move to 1Password due to their subscription pricing. Is there a way to migrate LastPass passwords into Apple KeyChain?
YurySG

Postby swrobel » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:00 pm

Is this seriously still not fixed?! Just had to use the workaround on a fresh install...
swrobel

Postby typh » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:13 pm

I doubt there is much attention paid to the Safari extension. I have heard Apple’s approval process for the extensions is pretty convoluted and has pushed a lot of the extension developers away. Similar thing happened with Reddit Enhancement Suite; they eventually killed off their Safari extension.
typh

Postby swrobel » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:27 pm

Doesn't this affect the binary component for all browsers, or is this helper application only necessary for Safari support?
swrobel

Postby typh » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:01 pm

I believe it is only needed for Safari on macOS. I do not recall having this issue with Chrome. And Firefox seems to be broken in some other way (even with this fix, the Copy Password option is not available there).
typh

Postby stephenhouser687 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:27 pm

I added 'LastPassHelper.app' (from the App Store version) to my login items and it seems to be working properly. The helper app was at '~/Library/Containers/com.lastpass.LastPass/Data/Library/Application Support/LastPass/LastPassHelper.app'

Version: 4.1.61.123
Built: Mon Aug 28 2017 16:06:55 GMT-0400 (EDT)
Binary Component: true (Helper App)

(also posted this solution in viewtopic.php?f=12&t=286015)
stephenhouser687

Postby J4N » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:23 am

I submited this to the support. they told me that to have the Copy Username and Copy Password, you have to install the "binary component", that doesn't come with the extension.
For this to work, you have to install their executable: https://lastpass.com/download/cdn/lastpass_x64.exe

This worked for me, just want to forward the solution, I hope this helps.
J4N

Postby SprSynJn » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:44 pm

J4N Wrote:I submited this to the support. they told me that to have the Copy Username and Copy Password, you have to install the "binary component", that doesn't come with the extension.
For this to work, you have to install their executable: https://lastpass.com/download/cdn/lastpass_x64.exe

This worked for me, just want to forward the solution, I hope this helps.

It wont work on Macs as its an .exe file. That is for Windows.
SprSynJn

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting