LastPass not saving generated passwords

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: LastPass not saving generated passwords

Postby prestocadenza » Thu May 03, 2018 6:10 pm

Just wanted to add my name to the list of people abandoning LastPass. LastPass once again failed to save a password, so now I have to choose between going without my work email for a day, or embarrassing myself by calling tech support twice in one day. A password manager that doesn't save passwords is absolutely useless. Time to try 1Password, I guess.
prestocadenza

Postby phelix » Thu May 10, 2018 7:12 am

I would like to ask the status of this issue. I\m also affected by it, and lost today again a login. Not a big deal this time, I could recover it but it's kind of unacceptable, that a password manager is not able to keep track of it's own passwords ....
phelix

Postby Joviall » Thu May 10, 2018 10:27 am

ST Nathan Wrote:This is extremely annoying. For me it's been happening since the switch to the Quantum version for Firefox. In the past it used to sometimes (not as often, but still sometimes) not prompt you to store a site, but at least it would ALWAYS save the newly generated password, so you could manually edit that entry to save the site. I can't imagine why they can't at least bring back this behavior. Any time a password is generated, it should be saved!

Yes it would be great if they could fix it!
Joviall

Postby MisterMustard » Tue May 22, 2018 2:39 pm

I've also sent a bug report on this issue. This breaks the fundamental workflow. They have no business advertising this as a feature in the marketing material or documentation if it doesn't work.
MisterMustard

Postby willumpie77 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:54 am

i would like to +1 on the annoyance of this bug (or unwanted feature, whatever we call it) the lastpass add-in does not always asks to save the password when copied manually from the generate password pop-up. Solving this would add to the maturity of LastPass
willumpie77

Postby DNSRocks » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:15 pm

+1

This really detracts from the usability of this feature. LastPass product managers: are you paying attention?
DNSRocks

Generated passwords keep getting lost

Postby CvK » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:29 am

The changes to how generated passords are no longer automaticaly saved are driving my nuts.

When registering on new websites, using the automgenrate function embedded in the page is super useful but it seems that the password is not saved anywhere. I keep having to go to the forgotten password link straight after registering because I can't find the password LastPass generated.

The previous solution of saving every generation event, so you could later associate it with a user name and where require the correct website, was far better and never led to these issues.
CvK

Postby FlyingHawk » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:22 am

I'd just like to point about that some users would generate a bunch of passwords without wanting to save any of them. LastPass probably heard complaints or have analytics the other way around, so decided to remove this feature.
FlyingHawk

Postby greg1mar » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:02 pm

I'm experiencing this too - Click "Use Password" and it doesn't save. Happens every time.
THis has been reported repeatedly for two years. What's going on LMI? are you going to even respond to your customers? Yes I pay for premium.
greg1mar

Postby FlyingHawk » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:17 pm

Generated passwords are actually saved. They just changed the location.
See FAQ:
https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=7356
FlyingHawk

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting