Not prompting to add site login

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Not prompting to add site login

Postby teetime » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:23 pm

I am testing LastPass with intention to move from RoboForm. I am trying to use the Passive technique to get my login information from RoboForm to LastPass. But when I login to a site LastPass never prompts to save the login. I've tried this with about 8-10 sites. I am using Chrome on Win10 and have the LastPass plugin enabled.
teetime

Re: Not prompting to add site login

Postby user1 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:19 am

Make sure 'Show Save Site Notification Bar' and other relevant options are checked.
There's a detailed guide to import Passwords from Roboform :
https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/importing-from-other-password-managers/#Importing+from+RoboForm+7
user1

Postby teetime » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:36 am

I've tried another 10 sites and on only 2 of these did LastPass prompt me to create the site login. This is very frustrating and raises concerns about whether this would ever work reliably on new sites. Do I have something set wrong, or is this normal?

EDIT: I just tried it with Firefox and same behavior.
teetime

Postby user1 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Some websites code login fields in a way that makes Lastpass unable to identify password fields in a page. For those sites you can always use 'Save All Entered Data' or manually add a site and then right-click and fill the credentials during login. Also you can ask for a fix here.
user1

Postby teetime » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:01 pm

Every one of these sites worked fine with RoboForm. I went ahead and registered with LastPass and I really want to like it but so far I am finding it very buggy. At the moment I am trying to reorganize the vault and moving sites into new or different folders is very hit or miss. Even creating new folders is buggy. I'll create a folder and move some sites into it. Then a few minutes later the folder is no longer there and the sites are back into their original location. When you are trusting your site security to an app these kinds of bugs are very disconcerting.
teetime

Postby coofercat » Fri May 11, 2018 5:25 am

Two years after the last activity on this page - and it's still happening.

I have a site I use for work, which Firefox and Chrome both prompt to remember. Lastpass doesn't (on either browser). I've added the site manually, and it's fine now, but it won't prompt to update if I change the password.

I'm still evaluating LastPass - this problem isn't making me think I should get a company subscription. That's a shame, as otherwise LP is pretty nice.
coofercat

Postby kelzipan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:15 am

Same. Win 10. Chrome. Not prompting site save. It usually works. I hate Win 10. I did the save all data but it's nicer when it prompts to save it.
kelzipan

Postby chuxiongzhong369 » Sun May 17, 2020 11:31 pm

Same problem here.
chuxiongzhong369

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting