Preferences Error in IE

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Preferences Error in IE

Postby kokopelli » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:46 pm

In Firefox this works fine, but when I click on the Lastpass "Preferences" in IE7, I don't get the options as in Firefox - instead, I am referred to a webpage (fauxfeed.com), that gives me a "Forbidden" error.

This seems a bit strange. Any ideas?

Thanks
kokopelli

Re: Preferences Error in IE

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:54 pm

kokopelli Wrote:In Firefox this works fine, but when I click on the Lastpass "Preferences" in IE7, I don't get the options as in Firefox - instead, I am referred to a webpage (fauxfeed.com), that gives me a "Forbidden" error.

This seems a bit strange. Any ideas?

That's more than a bit strange. Did you download LastPass from https://lastpass.com/ ?

Can you go to Tools -> Manage Add-ons and send the list of the ones you have? One must be at fault.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby kokopelli » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:26 pm

Yes, I downloaded directly from lastpass.com.

Here's a screenshot of my IE addons:

The first enabled entry {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} refers to the registry entry "CmdMapping", which has to do with the Command Bar buttons in IE, so I think that's OK. Apart from Windows Messenger which was already disabled, I also disabled the "Research" entry, as I couldn't figure out what that was. But, after a restart, it has made no difference. I still get the mentioned website when I try and open "Preferences - see:

As you can also see, I use IE7Pro (ie7pro.com) with IE, but I had no issues with Lastpass and that, before now.

More: The other problem I'm having since the last Lastpass update (1.30), is that IE hangs and sometimes crashes when I open it and all (8 of) my Home page tabs try to load. If I start IE with only one tab, there's no problem and I can also open more tabs without issues. Again, this is also a new issue since the last Lastpass update.

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated, I think Lastpass is a great service/program! :)
kokopelli

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:50 pm

kokopelli Wrote:As you can also see, I use IE7Pro (ie7pro.com) with IE, but I had no issues with Lastpass and that, before now.

I'd guess that the IE7Pro 'Preferences' is involved -- can you try disabling IE7pro and see if that resolves it temporarily? If so we'll see what we can do about it.

If you wouldn't mind sharing your 8 homepage tabs with support@lastpass.com we'd like to see if we can reproduce that problem as well.

Thanks,

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting