Multiple Users on One PC

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Multiple Users on One PC

Postby fulinn » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Good Day !

I am setting up Last Pass on each of our home pc's. The desk top computer is a shared computer between myself and my two sons.

When I install LastPass will it be available for each user on the pc ? Or do I need to install it for each user ?

If the same password file is available to all user's of the Pc how can I prevent my son's from deleting, changing or using some of my
private logins such as to banks ?

Thanks

Fulinn
fulinn

Re: Multiple Users on One PC

Postby JoeSiegrist » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:52 am

fulinn wrote:I am setting up Last Pass on each of our home pc's. The desk top computer is a shared computer between myself and my two sons.

When I install LastPass will it be available for each user on the pc ? Or do I need to install it for each user ?

If the same password file is available to all user's of the Pc how can I prevent my son's from deleting, changing or using some of my
private logins such as to banks ?

The install goes for the whole machine if you have the privileges to do so, if not it's just for you.

If you logout of LastPass, then your account is not available to your sons, if you use a separate windows account and logout of that, it's also not available to them.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting