Default Folder for Passwords

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Default Folder for Passwords

Postby phil609 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:12 pm

This is an issue for me as well. I'm setting up a family plan for my Mom and don't want her to have to pick the right folder each time.
phil609

Postby beatrice395 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:11 pm

+1

why is this not possible!
@lastpass: solve this!

either user choice to disable the totally-non-"feature" of auto-creating folder or the choice to choose a default folder...
beatrice395

Postby ejenkins97 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:23 pm

Exact same issue as scottm969. I'm a long time user of LastPass and our company has recently adopted Enterprise. Now when I go to save anything it's defaulting to the Enterprise account. For me for day to day use it should be the other way around, and I choose an Enterprise account folder when I intentionally want to save something that needs to be shared.
ejenkins97

Postby kenatsun » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Yes, PLEASE a default folder for new passwords for (in my case) LP Premium.

My reason is I need to share all my passwords with my wife (and vice-versa) using a shared folder. This will not work well unless newly minted passwords automatically go into that folder.

I looked today at the "family" version of LP, and it doesn't seem to offer this feature either.

I notice dozens of requests for this feature on this forum. Does anybody from LastPass ever read and respond to these requests?

~ Ken
kenatsun

Previous

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting