Can't import FF3 passwords

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Can't import FF3 passwords

Postby dumas » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:35 pm

I just installed the plugin 1.29 on Firefox 3.01, Mac OS X 10.5.4. When I try to import my passwords from the firefox password manager (by clicking the Lastpass button and selecting Tools/Import From/Firefox password manager), a window pops up listing a lot of accounts, but it's not possible to select any of them. Clicking any line apparently does nothing, and the select all button apparently does nothing either.
dumas

Re: Can't import FF3 passwords

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:29 pm

dumas Wrote:I just installed the plugin 1.29 on Firefox 3.01, Mac OS X 10.5.4. When I try to import my passwords from the firefox password manager (by clicking the Lastpass button and selecting Tools/Import From/Firefox password manager), a window pops up listing a lot of accounts, but it's not possible to select any of them. Clicking any line apparently does nothing, and the select all button apparently does nothing either.

It's not totally intuitive that you have to click on the 'Import' column, we'll fix that, but select all should put checkmarks next to them all -- could you verify this is still a problem with v1.30 and are you on a Intel Mac?

Thanks,

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby dumas » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:15 pm

I just tried again on 1.30. I tried clicking all over the list, including in the import column, but it doesn't seem to respond at all.

I also tried creating a new Firefox profile with no other add-ons, just to make sure no other add-on was interfering, but that didn't seem to help either.

It is an Intel Mac.
dumas

Postby phazer08 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:44 pm

I had the same problem...Intel Mac with 10.5.5. It wouldn't let me select what I wanted to import and even "select all" didn't put any checkmarks next to them. I 'solved' the problem by clicking 'import' and that brought them all in.

Fay
phazer08

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting