Android autofill broken

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, chantieLP, Israel, anatoly_LP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Android autofill broken

Postby pipedreambomb » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:20 am

Using the lastpass Android app, when it tries to autofill username and password via keyboard (the prompt days to hit enter or Go using the on-screen keyboard), I get the following message from Google, with what looks like JavaScript in the address bar:

400. That’s an error.

Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. That’s all we know.

This happens whether I'm in an app, or in my chrome beta browser.

The keyboard I'm using us Swype + Dragon Trial.

I've trIed everything -reinstalling the app, checking Enable Lastpass Input Method, even enabled lastpass logging but no errors show up.
pipedreambomb

Re: Android autofill broken

Postby snaf718 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:30 am

I'm not sure what version of Android you're using but with my Galaxy Tab 3 LTE running Android 4.4.2 I disabled the administrator permissions in the system settings and re-enabled it and it got auto-fill working. You should initiate a trouble ticket if you can't get it going since you can get help faster that way.
snaf718

Postby paulpaul1308 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:17 pm

I get the same thing. Are you using chrome, or chrome beta?
paulpaul1308

Postby pipedreambomb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:15 am

I'm using chrome beta. I think it happens in Chrome too. The weird thing is that it happens in apps too. I think it was OneClickDigital that exhibited the same error. Weird because you still get a 400 error from Google, which is an http response code and you wouldn't have thought a web request would be involved when lastpass tries to fill in forms within an app.
pipedreambomb

Postby pipedreambomb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:18 am

@snaf718, I'd like to try your solution, but I'm not sure what administrative privileges are, in the context of Android. You don't mean super user access, presumably, because I don't think lastpass needs or uses root.
pipedreambomb

Postby pipedreambomb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:13 am

The app that had the same issue was OneClick eAudio, in case someone wants to reproduce the bug.
pipedreambomb

Postby fridolin248 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:32 pm

Same for me. I have two issues with the new chrome beta. One issue only in the phone layout.

Looks like the new chrome beta with the "material look" is encapsulating the javascript code that lastpass is using to autofill the input fields.
chrome stable works fine.
The url looks like (function().....
When you click on the url it changes to this url: https://www.google.de/search?q=(function()%7Bvar+... which means that the javascript is not executed but instead is sent to google search (with the username and passwort it tries to insert I believe).

Hope this is fixable. It looks a little like a security feature from google to prevent anything to insert javascript code into a page.

On my n5 it does not offer autofill anymore in the chrome beta. When I am on for example zooplus.de the lastpass input keyboard says "AutoFill: chrome.com [Switch to folders]". Looks like it doesn't find the url of the site anymore on the phone layout. On the n7 the autofill still shows up and shows the correct entry for selection.

Versions:

Chrome stable 35.0.1916.141
Chrome beta 37.0.2062.55
Lastpass 3.2.31
fridolin248

Postby dmitrijLP » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:45 am

2014-09-11 update:

Since this is an old post, I would like to confirm that our development team has addressed the following behavior that was present in the beta and now LastPass is once again able to automatically fill the login details without any issues in the Chromium browser (v37+).

Hi all,

I'm afraid this behavior is indeed currently related to the beta version of the Chrome browser version 37. In the latest release Google has changed it's source code and no longer allows injecting of javascript into the browser. Unfortunately this means the AutoFill will no longer work if this change makes it to the stable release.

Our development team is currently filling bug reports to Google to see if we can rectify the issue before the official release.

As a workaround, please try to switch back to the stable browser version or try one of the available browser integrations, like the LastPass app, LastPass for Firefox mobile or LastPass for Dolphin Browser.

Apologies for the inconvenience, we hope for the best, that such change will be canceled, as there are currently no plans to implement it in the open source Firefox mobile browser.

Kind regards,
Dmitrij
dmitrijLP

Postby pipedreambomb » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:59 am

Hi Dimitrij,

Sorry but it doesn't work for me in stable Chrome on my phone or my tablet. Our in non-browser apps, as I said in the original post. It doesn't work anywhere, in fact!

I'm regretting paying for premium now, as I get constantly hassled to use autofill when I know it will just take me to the 400 error page.

If it helps, I've managed to copy the url for the page. It's so long, I've stuck it in a gist: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/7d3a5124c085774c59cf. Looks like a long JavaScript procedure, and I guess maybe something in the formatting is making the browser treat it as a search instead of a command.

George
pipedreambomb

Postby dmitrijLP » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:18 pm

pipedreambomb Wrote:Hi Dimitrij,

Sorry but it doesn't work for me in stable Chrome on my phone or my tablet. Our in non-browser apps, as I said in the original post. It doesn't work anywhere, in fact!

I'm regretting paying for premium now, as I get constantly hassled to use autofill when I know it will just take me to the 400 error page.

If it helps, I've managed to copy the url for the page. It's so long, I've stuck it in a gist: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/7d3a5124c085774c59cf. Looks like a long JavaScript procedure, and I guess maybe something in the formatting is making the browser treat it as a search instead of a command.

George

My follow up was related to the general issue with the current Chrome beta version.

I don't see any ticket reports for 'OneClick eAudio' application. If any of your applications are not being auto-filled using the current stable version of LastPass and Chrome browser, simply open a support ticket, so one of the team members could check your application and report it to the development team in case there are any issues.

https://lastpass.com/supportticket.php?lpnorefresh=1

Kind regards,
Dmitrij
dmitrijLP

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting