"Warning: Unresponsive Script"

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

"Warning: Unresponsive Script"

Postby Gort » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:09 pm

Starting with 1.28, I have been receiving this error message:

"Warning: Unresponsive Script
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: chrome://lastpass/content/lastpass.js:1"

If I click "stop script," the error message is displayed again -- in an endless loop.

Installing lastpass is the only change I have made to my system, so that, plus the reference to lastpass in the error, suggest this is a lastpass issue. I am using Firefox 3.0.1, fully patched, with OS X 10.4, fully patched. The error did not go away with 1.29.

Would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks
Gort

Re: "Warning: Unresponsive Script"

Postby gallegr1 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:26 pm

I have the same behavior without the script warning. Firefox 3.01. No difference after clearing cache,cookies, sessions, passwords, history, no change with disabling extensions, no change with safe mode; No change with portable firefox. The workaround (for now) is to use IE tab, which renders the tab with IE machine. Works quickly. Hope this helps. Any other ideas why this occurs?
gallegr1

Re: "Warning: Unresponsive Script"

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:44 am

gallegr1 Wrote:I have the same behavior without the script warning. Firefox 3.01. No difference after clearing cache,cookies, sessions, passwords, history, no change with disabling extensions, no change with safe mode; No change with portable firefox. The workaround (for now) is to use IE tab, which renders the tab with IE machine. Works quickly. Hope this helps. Any other ideas why this occurs?

We moved to a JS XPCom object in 1.30, so we'd be curious if that resolved the problem. Are you using a PPC version of OS X?

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting