LP Chrome Extension (Win8 x64) Reverts to Non-Binary

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

LP Chrome Extension (Win8 x64) Reverts to Non-Binary

Postby oreo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:17 am

I've noticed this several times on two different Windows 8 64-bit installations. When I perform a fresh install using the Windows installer, I get the latest build of the binary Chrome extension. The next time the extension auto-updates itself to a new version, however, I find myself with the non-binary extension.

I generally only notice the change when a feature requiring the binary component randomly stops working. Then I check and, sure enough, I'm running a newer version without the binary component. The only way I've discovered to fix it is to download the Windows installer again and re-install.

For a while, I thought I was going crazy, but I just saw it happen again on another machine. Is this the expected behavior?
oreo

Re: LP Chrome Extension (Win8 x64) Reverts to Non-Binary

Postby oreo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:36 pm

I may have discovered a clue... In my latest effort to troubleshoot, I uninstalled LastPass (using the Win8 Control Panel). When I opened Chrome again, the extension was still there. I did some checking and discovered it was the non-binary version. I had to remove that from within Chrome itself.

I think that I somehow had the extension installed on top of itself, if that's even possible. We'll see if this resolves the issue I described in my OP.
oreo

Re: LP Chrome Extension (Win8 x64) Reverts to Non-Binary

Postby LividJava » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:53 am

Remember Win8 is still new so they might not have finished the programming and the extension is just for an easy access to the website it has no particular play in the binarry prosess

this might help
https://lastpass.com/misc_download.php? ... ilesymbian
scroll all the way down for its :arrow:
LividJava

Return to Windows Installer Questions