Proxy password?

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Proxy password?

Postby evilthought » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:19 am

Due to crappy NBC coverage, I am using a UK's proxy server to watch BBC's Olympic coverage. That proxy server requires a username and password. Every time I start the browser (Chrome) I have to reenter the login name and password when that login screen popups.

Is there a way to use lastpass so it autofils proxy's login/password?
evilthought

Re: Proxy password?

Postby Amber » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:26 am

Is it a basic auth login? If so, try launching it in IE or Firefox to save it, then LastPass should be able to fill it in Chrome if you're running binary (LastPass Icon > Tools > About - binary component: true).

Best,
Amber
Amber

Postby gori » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi,

I am also having this problem. I have my proxy server password saved in LastPass on Firefox and IE but in Chrome it does not work.

My proxy just uses basic authentication which basic authentication is working with LastPass in Chrome for logging into other websites but not for proxy authentication. Binary Component is true on about screen.

When I manually login to the proxy server LastPass does ask to save my password but URL & Name fields are blank. I think that may be the cause, which if Chrome is not supplying you with the proxy url I am not sure if you can fix this????

Tim
gori

Postby Amber » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:23 am

Thanks for the details, please try our updated build: https://lastpass.com/dlpre and let us know if any problems persist.
Amber

Postby gori » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi,

Just tried the latest build but still the same problem.

Regards
Tim
gori

Postby drew » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Perhaps you can provide a screenshot. Basic authentication only has username and password fields, not URL and name fields. I'm guessing this isn't basic authentication, but a screenshot might help confirm that.
drew

Postby gori » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi,

It is basic, yes there is only username and password but that is linked to a URL/Realm.

Can not attach file. "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

Tim
gori

Postby drew » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:09 pm

You can send it directly to drew@lastpass.com if you'd like.
drew

Postby gori » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:06 pm

In Firefox I have LastPass entering my proxy details but have not had it work in other browsers.
gori

Postby JeanDC » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:45 am

Sorry to bumb this old topic but I have the same problem with Firefox 35.0.1 and LastPass.
I need to connect through a proxy with a login/pass, Firefox does not remember it, and LastPass does not detect it neither, so I have to enter it twice, and sometimes twice! Can you help?

Thank you.
JeanDC

Next

Return to Windows Installer Questions