Installation on Terminal Server

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Installation on Terminal Server

Postby evana » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi

I was just wondering if there are any particular procedures for installation on a terminal server. I have currently installed on a Server 2008 R2 for testing.

I have found that the lastpass toolbar is available within Internet Explorer (ver 8.0) for all users.

However running Firefox 4.0.1 there is no lastpass toolbar (except for the administrator account which installed it) and it indicates when you login through the website, "It is highly recommended that you install the LastPass plug-in for the best possible experience. You may encounter reduced functionality otherwise."

This is despite installing via the Universal Windows Installer which indicates it supports IE, FF and Chrome.

Thanks in advance for any help.
evana

Re: Installation on Terminal Server

Postby jonat » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Uninstall LastPass. Reinstall it and select a Custom install. Make sure the option to install for all users is checked.
jonat

Postby evana » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:03 pm

jonat Wrote:Uninstall LastPass. Reinstall it and select a Custom install. Make sure the option to install for all users is checked.

I had initially installed in this fashion, but went through nevertheless and still ended up with the same result.
evana

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:39 am

evana Wrote:This is despite installing via the Universal Windows Installer which indicates it supports IE, FF and Chrome.

Thanks in advance for any help.

For Firefox we add a startup menu item to each user's windows profile to install it on their next login -- perhaps that's not working for them because they're low privileged? Can you share more of your setup?
JoeSiegrist

Return to Windows Installer Questions