Installing on second PC

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Installing on second PC

Postby lsapadin@nyc.rr.com » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:41 am

I installed LastPass successfully on my home PC and cleaned up data imported from another password manager. Now I want to install on my office PC and have the same data that I cleaned up on the home PC. However, the installation isn't working and I only have access to the web version, not the Firefox plug-in. How do I install on the second PC and end up with the same data that I have on the first PC?
lsapadin@nyc.rr.com

Re: Installing on second PC

Postby jonat » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:34 pm

What "isn't working"? Did the install of the Firefox plugin fail? I have LP installed on five computers and can access the same LastPass vault from any of them.
jonat

Postby lsapadin@nyc.rr.com » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:44 pm

I end up with the web version of LastPass that has limited functionality. At the top is the following message:

"**It is highly recommended that you install the LastPass plug-in for the best possible experience.
You may encounter reduced functionality otherwise."

So clearly the plug-in is not installing properly. I'm wondering if it isn't some kind of Administrator lock-down by my employer. I'll look into that. Otherwise, I have no idea why it won't install.
lsapadin@nyc.rr.com

Postby jonat » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:28 pm

Which source for the Firefox plugin did you use? Try https://lastpass.com/misc_download.php
jonat

Postby Israel » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:43 am

Go here and we'll auto-select the plugin for you to install - follow the prompts on the screen and login and you should have full functionality on your second machine : http://www.lastpass.com/dl
Israel
Site Admin

Postby lsapadin@nyc.rr.com » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Not sure what happened, but the LastPass bug now appears on my browser, so the plug-in is working. Thanks for the ideas and support. -- Larry
lsapadin@nyc.rr.com

Return to Windows Installer Questions