Fast encryption - any way to jog its mode?

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Fast encryption - any way to jog its mode?

Postby minsik » Sat May 21, 2011 3:57 am

With firefox 4.01default install its true, with firefox 5.0 any version or beta, its disabled. Is this an a problem?
Is there any real explanation of fast encryption purpose, differences with or without?
As far as i can see its no different in speed true or false between firefox versions.
is there a firefox about:configkey that would be added to force one way or the other?

thanks.
minsik

Re: Fast encryption - any way to jog its mode?

Postby brantgurga » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:03 am

Basically fast encryption is done through a native binary component. If you got your LastPass through addons.mozilla.org, that's why there's no fast encryption. They don't allow binary components. Without fast encryption, it just uses JavaScript instead which can be a bit slower.
brantgurga

Postby minsik » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:28 am

thanks for the information.

I have to stick with version4.01 as in another area (grid protect) firefox 5 does not recognise the ability to store the pc as a verified pc and keeps asking for the grid at every login. As lastpass doesnt appear to support anything other than official release then its just too frustrating to even consider. Pity as a lot of the mozilla RC are good and very functionalsoftware.
In time5 will be released and Lastpass will have to aknowledge it then.
minsik

Postby minsik » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:09 am

Well done lastpass. firefox 5 is out and my 4.01 upgraded to 5 and now it all works. ok with 1.73.
Also an 1.74 update and the grid still works fine.

So well done. Last pass, it just works.
minsik

Return to Windows Installer Questions