No password history?

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

No password history?

Postby nibb » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:45 am

I found out that password for applications doesnt seem to have an history of change.

This is extremely bad. Once of the reason I wanted to drop ewallet is because in 2 ocassion I changed a password and I did not saved it there, losing access to it. Lastpass saved my butt one time with this as it has an history of changes. I change password regularly for certain stuff.

But I found out that it doesnt have an history for applications, which makes it useless for the server logins I use as they need to rotate and I cannot view their history. :o :o :o :o :o :o
nibb

Re: No password history?

Postby Israel » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:32 pm

Yeah.. you'll notice lastpass for apps is 100% local storage.. that syncs separately from the regular LP vault, as well it's still in very early beta, and is somewhat of a low priority for us. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Israel
Site Admin

Postby nibb » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:44 pm

Israel Wrote:Yeah.. you'll notice lastpass for apps is 100% local storage.. that syncs separately from the regular LP vault, as well it's still in very early beta, and is somewhat of a low priority for us. Sorry for the inconvenience.

But can you access and edit data without Internet?

It should then sync data when Internet comes back.

I need to be able to log in, consult data, and even modify it without connection. Then when connection comes back it would sync.

This topic is actually about password history with apps. I need to rotate passwords, and its highly annoying without a password history like the web logins have. This should be a priority because "Enterprise" users need to rotate policy passwords, and using this are for Premium users. Im not only a Premium, but a Enterprise one, so im the one paying.

Its amazing LastPass is free, but saying paying users are not priority is like a bad business model, because premium and business users are the ones that will pump money into LastPass eventually.

Priority should be given to paying apps, or they would just move their money else where. In my case and for most people that use tools and softwares that work great, paying is not the problem, the problem is finding something that works. I dont mind paying for something that works great. I do completely understand this is more in a beta stage, but it would be nice to see more features or work put into it in the feature, specially because I see allot of users here and on other site saying they dont want to use LP because of offline access. The market exactly that LP doesnt has are the ones that prefer to manage their data in all possible ways, something that softwares free and paid do very good at this stage.
nibb

Postby Lars » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:29 pm

nibb Wrote:Its amazing LastPass is free, but saying paying users are not priority is like a bad business model, because premium and business users are the ones that will pump money into LastPass eventually.
That is NOT what Israel said. He said that the development of the LastPass for apps is not a high priority. He said nothing about the customers in any way.
Lars

Postby nibb » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:11 pm

Lars Wrote:
nibb Wrote:Its amazing LastPass is free, but saying paying users are not priority is like a bad business model, because premium and business users are the ones that will pump money into LastPass eventually.
That is NOT what Israel said. He said that the development of the LastPass for apps is not a high priority. He said nothing about the customers in any way.

And isnt LastPass for apps only for available for premium users?
nibb

Postby Lars » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:58 pm

nibb Wrote:And isnt LastPass for apps only for available for premium users?
Yes, but that doesn't change the fact about what Israel said.. he clearly stated that the development of LastPass for Apps is a low priority - so how can you twist that into him saying "paying users are not (a) priority"???
Lars

Postby nibb » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:16 pm

Lars Wrote:
nibb Wrote:And isnt LastPass for apps only for available for premium users?
Yes, but that doesn't change the fact about what Israel said.. he clearly stated that the development of LastPass for Apps is a low priority - so how can you twist that into him saying "paying users are not (a) priority"???

Why are you so sensitive about it? Relax, its not like im attacking someone.
nibb

Postby Lars » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:21 pm

nibb Wrote:Why are you so sensitive about it? Relax, its not like im attacking someone.
You ARE.. in this case Israel/LastPass, by deducting untrue facts from what is said.
Lars

Postby nibb » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Lars Wrote:
nibb Wrote:Why are you so sensitive about it? Relax, its not like im attacking someone.
You ARE.. in this case Israel/LastPass, by deducting untrue facts from what is said.

Im not, if you see it as an attack then you must have issues. Its a forum. I would not mind wasting my time posting things here if I dont care for the product.

Its normal to have discussions in a forum, its a benefit. I love when our customers critic our services on our forums, why not? It allows us to see how people feel and make things better. Anyway do you work for Lastpass or something?

Its normal that people will not 100% agree with everyone on a forum, how bored would that be. And thats the conclusion I made from the reply, its its wrong or correct, its not a matter of who is right, but how you look at it, it all depends who reads it and how he feels about it.

I can only assume from what I read, it can be wrong for your but right for me, or otherwise. Just like I cannot read the mind of others posting here, they cant read my own. So that is the conclusion I make until the poster makes a clarification. Not someone else. Just like I do feel attacked by you when YOU POST in big letters. If you actually work for LastPass taking this so emotional and personal makes me thing twice about using a product where I store all my sensitive data and their staff gets so personal about an Internet posting on a forum. That would be my conclusion if you do work for them but of course I cannot confirm this. Why? Simple, because I would be afraid you start to digg into my sensitive data just because you took it to personal on a forum. So you see, everyone feels different about every stuff and every product. :mrgreen:
nibb

Postby Lars » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:32 pm

nibb Wrote:...I would be afraid you start to digg into my sensitive data just because you took it to personal on a forum.
Being that noone can "digg into your sensitive data" but you, you have nothing to fear.
Lars

Next

Return to Windows Installer Questions