Script-running error - help!

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Script-running error - help!

Postby Fagan03 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:09 pm

I recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 and things seemed to be working well enough. Suddenly today I started getting script errors -- can't remember the text exactly and I couldn't highlight it to copy, but it was asking if I wanted to continue running scripts on the page I was on and referenced Last Pass, Chrome, and there was this at the end: "js:10." No idea what that meant, but even when I closed all of the windows I had open I kept getting the question about whether I wanted to continue to run scripts. A whole lot of my other programs started acting up too -- Adobe Reader wouldn't open files, I couldn't rip music in Windows Media 12 (there was no "rip" option anywhere), couldn't move playlists from WM12 to an MP3 player, etc. I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit and just upgraded from Vista yesterday. Should I reinstall 7, reinstall Last Pass, both, neither, what?
Fagan03

Re: Script-running error - help!

Postby brantgurga » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:07 pm

First, just reboot. If it happens immediately, it seems like malware of some sort and the safest things is just to reinstall the system clean.

If it is only happening when you launch the browser, reset the browser to its default configuration and launch it in its safe mode (no extensions or addons). If that works, launch in normal mode. If that works, starting adding your configuration changes.

For future reference, even if you can't highlight text in a dialog box, you can often copy it by just making sure the dialog box is selected and press CTRL + C. That might help you capture the message next time. You can also take a screenshot by pressing PRINT SCREEN and then paste the image in Paint.
brantgurga

Return to Windows Installer Questions