How do I install LastPass on IE9?

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: How do I install LastPass on IE9?

Postby bTuna » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:54 pm

akwalker Wrote:This is frustrating. I have tried all of the suggestions. I have LastPass and it's toolbar enabled in the addons manager but when I right click on the toolbar area, I have no option for showing the LP toolbar. When I show the command bar, there is no LP button. I tried to customize the command toolbar, thinking maybe there would be a button I could add for LP, but there is not. I have LastPass in my right click menu, but nothing happens when I select it. I cannot use it to log in to any of my websites using IE9. I also would like a button like in Chrome or FireFox. I have heard good things about IE9 so if I'm to use it, I'll have to ditch LP and find another password manager if I can't get it working soon.

I am in the exact same boat.

Unfortunately, I have no choice but to use IE9 for a time right now (prefer Chrome and then Firefox, even Opera, none of which give me any problems with LP.) But with IE9--I know LP is activate, as login fields show the red outline, and it's in the right click menu--but neither a button nor a toolbar is anywhere to be found. I've skimmed the thread, tried all suggestions, and nada. Being that all my passwords are randomly generated by LP, this is a major impediment if I can't find a way to make it usable in IE9.

Running IE9 32bit on Win7 Ult 64-bit, all updates applied through today, most recent LP installer.

eta: everything seems fine in IE9 x64, this problem is specific to 32-bit IE9. Also just noted the other threads on this, off to check them now.
bTuna

Postby merajulie » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:02 am

Though this question seems to be funny many people find it difficult to install lastpass on IE9, as suggested by many people it is true if you know installing lastpass on IE8 the same procedure is applicable to IE9. If you are looking to install lastpass for the first time you can take assistance of online free tutorials, even you can find step by step procedure of how to install lastpass if you Google for it.
merajulie

Postby JohnRich » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:16 pm

Don't be misled by the topic title. These posts aren't about installation difficulty, they are about the inability of LastPass to show just a command button in IE9 as you can in Firefox and Chrome.
JohnRich

Postby floridamike » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:24 pm

It seems some are having a problem of seeing a command button in IE9. I see a command button but it does nothing when depressed. Works fine on Firefox, but I also need it to function in IE9. Any suggestions for this issue? Windows Vista 32 bit.
floridamike

Previous

Return to Windows Installer Questions