Installer Not Working - Blank Dialog

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Installer Not Working - Blank Dialog

Postby LPfrmhelp » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:44 am

cavalol Wrote:Solved a combined error 1618 + 1603 for two Win10x64 v1903 (May 2019 build) by enabling the Windows Feature "Windows PowerShell 2.0 Engine" - I really was missing PowerShell 1.0! (and 2.0).

Heres a quick guide for what fixed it for me:
Goto "Control Panel" --> "Programs and Features" --> "Turn Windows Features on or off" (left side, you can also just type this into Start) --> FIND & CLICK CHECKBOX FOR: "Windows PowerShell 2.0" (near the bottom) -> this should have only one item under it, "Windows PowerShell 2.0 Engine", which gets checked when you check the parent category --> Click OK/etc. to save & close

After that, I went back to my previously downloaded installer from LastPass' download page @ [ https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php ] - The installer went-through just as it normally does. Maybe the new build of windows is finally not including older versions of PowerShell by-default?

Either way, hope this helps. Cheers.

Hi cavalol. After successfully running that installer, are your form-fill profiles restored to the old (more useful) versions and can you add custom fields again?
LPfrmhelp

Postby arpful34 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:37 pm

If you bought this product to increase your security, enabling PS 1.0 or 2.0 would circumvent that.

Wait for LastPass to update, avoid until that time.
arpful34

Postby ShawnElseworth » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:01 am

Bumping this as I still cannot install any new version.
ShawnElseworth

Postby ShawnElseworth » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:20 am

cavalol Wrote:Solved a combined error 1618 + 1603 for two Win10x64 v1903 (May 2019 build) by enabling the Windows Feature "Windows PowerShell 2.0 Engine" - I really was missing PowerShell 1.0! (and 2.0).

Heres a quick guide for what fixed it for me:
Goto "Control Panel" --> "Programs and Features" --> "Turn Windows Features on or off" (left side, you can also just type this into Start) --> FIND & CLICK CHECKBOX FOR: "Windows PowerShell 2.0" (near the bottom) -> this should have only one item under it, "Windows PowerShell 2.0 Engine", which gets checked when you check the parent category --> Click OK/etc. to save & close

After that, I went back to my previously downloaded installer from LastPass' download page @ [ https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php ] - The installer went-through just as it normally does. Maybe the new build of windows is finally not including older versions of PowerShell by-default?

Either way, hope this helps. Cheers.

I have Powershell Engine 2.0 installed already and it is not working. I can't install any new update. It seems that Lastpass does not care or test their software.
ShawnElseworth

LastPass Universal Installer Fails

Postby bob55 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:36 pm

The LastPass Universal Windows Installer (version 4.33) installation fails on my Windows 10 PC.

LastPass Installer error is: "An unhandled exception was thrown: The system cannot find the file specified, source: System".

Thanks for any help.

Bob
bob55

Re: LastPass Universal Installer Fails

Postby vdb5590 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:36 pm

Hello,

I ran into the same issue on my Win 8.1 computer, can anyone help?
vdb5590

Error 1603 installing binary

Postby Alcarnor » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:23 am

Keep getting error 1603 attempting to install the binary for chrome/firefox. Tried for just chrome or firefox; uninstalled all last pass versions and even tried uninstalling/reinstalling chrome.

Any ideas? This with 4.33.5 with the chrome or universal installers.
Alcarnor

Postby ojchase » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:51 am

I ran into this error today and this is the only post I see that covers it. I was about to be frustrated and tried one more time trying a smaller installation set. Perhaps the "file" it couldn't find was a browser? Indeed I don't think I have both IE and Edge. Reducing the set of browsers to just FF and Chrome, both of which I have, along with the desktop application did the trick. YMMV.
ojchase

Postby deejinoz » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:14 am

It would appear that LastPass have unofficially ended support for Windows 8.
deejinoz

Postby deejinoz » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:18 am

Strikes me that LastPass have been fumbling this for a while and are in imminent danger of totally dropping the ball.

Here's another thread on this issue, that's been open a good while. Don't forget to go and post your issue there, as this appears to be the original thread on this problem and has much more input on it. hopefully we'll be able to wake someone up at LP:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=334845
deejinoz

PreviousNext

Return to Windows Installer Questions