WIndows 10 19H1 update, can't install binary component

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

WIndows 10 19H1 update, can't install binary component

Postby rvortman514 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:54 pm

I'm using the latest update on Windows 10, the 19H1 update. I've tried installing the binary component on both Chrome and Firefox with the new update, and it's now broken. It does the same thing it used to do up to the point where the installation window comes up. I click on the "Install LastPass" window, it goes away, and the next window, where you either log into your current account or create a new account if you don't have one comes up and quickly disappears. And then nothing after that.

Looks very much like the 19H1 Windows 10 update is blocking the binary component from getting installed in the browser extension. Have tried this several times, and same results.

Went to the Windows 10 Firewall exclusions page, and didn't see anything there that appeared to apply to installing into a browser extension.

Has anyone seen this? Anyone have a work-around? Or is there something different that I'm supposed to do to work around this or make the binary component install work? My main concern at the moment is the failure to install on Firefox LastPass add-on.

Bummer.

Thanks.
rvortman514

Re: WIndows 10 19H1 update, can't install binary component

Postby abolis » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:05 am

I'm having a very similar issue, Windows 10 1903, Binary component gets installed, restart Chrome, no binary component. Chrome will occasionally force close. In the process of uninstalling everything and removing instances I can find, and reinstalling. Because that's what support will suggest. Maybe the development team should spend a bit more time testing and preparing for major OS updates. Oh, and communicating with customers when they're having issues. After a reinstall doesn't fix it, I'm sure the next answer will be that development is aware of the issue, and to patiently wait for the next version.

I paid for the family subscription because it was a stable product 2 years ago. It may just be coincidence, but it certainly seems like LogMeIn has had a negative impact on development.
abolis

Return to Windows Installer Questions