Unable to install with Firefox 66.0.3

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Unable to install with Firefox 66.0.3

Postby windyplayer » Fri May 03, 2019 11:44 pm

On one of my windows 10 systems, Lastpass is not available in Firefox 66.0.3. It disappeared for some reason.
When I try to install it by searching in Firefox, it appears, and then gives an error when I click the button to install the extension:

Download failed. Please check your connection.

Shall I try again later? Something wrong with the plugin for firefox or the download area. Of course my connection is fine since I'm entering this here and all other sites work normally.

I also use Chrome on the same system and have Lastpass installed there too. Is there some conflict? I do the same on another of my systems and all appears to be working fine there.

What's up please? Sure do need to have Lastpass working on both Firefox and Chrome on my systems.

Thanks.
wp
windyplayer

Re: Unable to install with Firefox 66.0.3

Postby jpenny84 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:59 pm

There's a problem with Firefox and its certificate authority used to validate extensions. Mozilla will have to fix the problem. Lots of people across numerous extensions are reporting similar issues.
jpenny84

Postby bilzi » Sat May 04, 2019 5:59 am

Lastpass Plugin has disappeared from Firefox 66.0.3 (64-bit).
I have tried to download and reinstall the plugin but I get a Dialog box that says:-

"Download failed. Please check your connection".

This problem has occurred with 2 other plugins which have also disappeared from the Firefox toolbar.

Any suggestions please
bilzi

Postby jpenny84 » Sat May 04, 2019 10:01 am

bilzi Wrote:Lastpass Plugin has disappeared from Firefox 66.0.3 (64-bit).
I have tried to download and reinstall the plugin but I get a Dialog box that says:-

"Download failed. Please check your connection".

This problem has occurred with 2 other plugins which have also disappeared from the Firefox toolbar.

Any suggestions please

You will have to wait for Mozilla to fix the issue with their certificate authority, or use another browser in the meantime.
jpenny84

Postby bdrmachine » Sat May 04, 2019 10:45 am

I'm adding my name to the list of people let down by firefox.
bdrmachine

Postby mike808137 » Sat May 04, 2019 2:10 pm

A FIX IS AVAILABLE TO MOST USERS

Mozilla is rolling out a hot-fix. Official details from the Mozilla blog:
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/

It should just start working again for most people with the latest updated version of Firefox.

It uses the "Studies" feature, which is an option in the Security & Privacy section (towards the bottom). It is turned on by default in most installs.
If not, you will need to enable "Studies" in the privacy options and Firefox should automatically pick up the hotfix being pushed out by Mozilla.
You can turn off studies after if you had it turned off.

If you are on an older version of Firefox, and there is no Studies option, you might try upgrading Firefox so that the Studies hotfix can fix the problem.
It may be also possible to manually install the hotfix XPI extension file.
https://storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/hotfix-update-xpi-intermediate%40mozilla.com-1.0.2-signed.xpi

Nightly and test builds of Firefox have a configuration setting that can disable extension signature verification. The main production release doesn't.
The reason Mozilla signs addons is so that people can't trick you into installing an extension that can steal passwords from the browser or from the LastPass extension, for example.
They just screwed up by not having the replacement certificate already installed before this happened.
mike808137

Return to Windows Installer Questions