Windows 10 MS Store Block by Local IT...how to install?

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Windows 10 MS Store Block by Local IT...how to install?

Postby crrafferty591 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:48 pm

My work laptop was just reimaged to windows 10 this past week. Tomorrow I'll have a 24 hour window to install any software I need on my computer after being imaged. One of the applications I use on a daily bases is my LastPass Family. However, I have run into an issue. As the title says my company has disabled the MS Store in Windows 10 therefore I am not able to install the Edge extension. Where can I find an offline installer? Once I have the extension installed there are no firewall or routing rules that will block traffic to the extension. The only problem is that the MS Store is disabled. Thanks in advance for the help!
crrafferty591

Re: Windows 10 MS Store Block by Local IT...how to install?

Postby jonat » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:12 pm

All I can suggest is to move off of Edge. As far as I know, Edge does not currently permit installing extensions that didn't come from the MS Store. I have read that in the (distant?) future, Edge will be rewritten to use the Chrome engine and will support Chrome extensions, but that doesn't help you now.

I see, though, that your window for doing the install has already passed. What did you end up with?
jonat

Re: Windows 10 MS Store Block by Local IT...how to install?

Postby crrafferty591 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:34 am

jonat Wrote:All I can suggest is to move off of Edge. As far as I know, Edge does not currently permit installing extensions that didn't come from the MS Store. I have read that in the (distant?) future, Edge will be rewritten to use the Chrome engine and will support Chrome extensions, but that doesn't help you now.

I see, though, that your window for doing the install has already passed. What did you end up with?

Jonat, thanks for the reply. LastPass support was absolutely worthless as they directed me to their download site which then directs me to the MS Store which was the entire cause for my post here and support ticket. I ended up working remote the last few days so I wasn't able to get my Cb Protection Agent window until today. During today's window I just went ahead and installed Google Chrome along with all my usual plugins.
crrafferty591

Return to Windows Installer Questions