Lastpass toolbar disappears in Firefox 3.6

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Lastpass toolbar disappears in Firefox 3.6

Postby Kinmont » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:37 pm

After installing LP, the first time I started Firefox 3.6 the LP toolbar appeared, in the top right of the toolbar area. The next time I started FF (my default browser), the LP toolbar was missing. I right-clicked on the toolbar area and LP toolbar was not showing. Still not there after browser restarts and system reboots. Edited to add: The LP extension 1.66.0 is showing as installed in FF add-ons.

I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite 9.1.008.000 on this XP Pro SP3 desktop, which includes the ZoneAlarm Browser Security toolbar in the browser, in case that matters.

The LP toolbar does appear in IE 8.

I uninstalled and reinstalled FF and the same pattern recurred - toolbar was present the first session LP was reinstalled, and gone when FF is restarted.

How can I get it working in FF? Thanks in advance.
Kinmont

Re: Lastpass toolbar disappears in Firefox 3.6

Postby Kinmont » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:24 pm

... I worked through all the FF add-ons and found out that it was the ZoneAlarm toolbar that was preventing the LP toolbar from working.

Does anyone know of a way to make them both work together?
Kinmont

Postby glenerd » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:42 am

I also updated to FF 3.6 and found that the add-on Stylish was hiding my LastPass toolbar. Unenabled Stylish and LP is back in the Toolbar - odd.
glenerd

Postby Israel » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:16 pm

Some other plugins have the unfortunate fratricidal effect of hiding other toolbars - ZoneAlarm is known for this.. at this point we don't have a workaround.
Israel
Site Admin

Return to Windows Installer Questions