The 'binary' component of the browser plugin controls a few LastPass features:
1. Autologoff on browser close (LastPass Icon > Preferences)
2. Autologoff on browser idle (LastPass Icon > Preferences)
3. Share login state between browsers (LastPass Icon > Preferences > Advanced)
4. Allows fingerprint authentication: https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/security- ... ngerprint/
5. Allows attachments to Secure Notes: https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/features/secure-notes/
6. Copy Username / Copy Password buttons (with the exception for Chrome where Binary is no longer needed for the options to show).
7. Copy Password button enable for secure Password Generator
8. Allows importing/exporting of data
9. An added layer of protection with additional encryption at the OS level
10. Import from Chrome, Safari, and Opera browser password managers
jonat Wrote:The "binary component" is something that can't be installed as part of a browser extension. Also, the Windows installer adds the extension for all installed and supported browsers at once.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests