How does LastPass distinguish between email accounts?

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

How does LastPass distinguish between email accounts?

Postby samsons1 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi,

I have accounts and passwords associated with Comcast and Outlook accounts as well as accounts and/or passwords associated with Windows or Google passwords. Just how does LastPass distinguish between which password goes with the Comcast and Outlook accounts as opposed to being handled through Google or Gmail email and accounts...?

Like, all my banking and medical accounts are handled through my primary or Comcast & Outlook accounts. Likewise, all my websites are also handled through Comcast & Outlook. In fact, Windows and Google are the only things that are associated with my Gmail accounts. And then there is my iCloud account and my Apple account. How does LastPass keep all this straight for me, so I don't worry about anything and just turn the 'Installer' lose and let it do 'it's thing...' ;)

thanks,
samsons1
samsons1

Re: How does LastPass distinguish between email accounts?

Postby NaveedLP » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:32 am

LastPass corresponds your login against a URL. Comast, Outlook, Gmail each has different URL which will only correspond with that specific site. You just need to save all the logins as you normally would for other sites https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/adding-a-site/
NaveedLP

Re: How does LastPass distinguish between email accounts?

Postby samsons1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:27 am

Hi,

And thanks so much for your quick reply. I guess I'm a little skeptical about the change from Google (whom I'm really not all that fond of anyway) to LastPass whom I've kept in the background mostly for a number of years and now, all of a sudden find myself at the point of placing my entire life's work into the hands of 'someone' else for safe keeping. As the old cliche goes, I tend to make a 'mountain out of a molehill'...

Regards,
sam
samsons1

Return to Windows Installer Questions