no errors, but does not install

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

no errors, but does not install

Postby exilio » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:42 pm

I have tried installing lp twice, and neither time did I get any errors, but the lp icon does not show up in IE7.

I've checked toolbars, and lp is not there -- but in the dropdown menus, there are entries for lp and lp fill forms -- but they don't work. I.e., when I go to a site requiring login, and try those, nothing happens.

I've checked IE add-ins, and lp does not show up there; i.e., it isn't in the list.

I know my account is ok, because I can login to my lp account, see all the logins and id's I've entered.

What the heck am I doing wrong?????
exilio

Re: no errors, but does not install

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:57 am

exilio wrote:What the heck am I doing wrong?????

We've revamped the installer in v1.45 -- can you try again now? IF it doesn't work please use https://lastpass.com/debug.php to get us debugging information from your install (do the IE part -- it may be running but not showing).

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby exilio » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:24 am

Well, I've switched to Firefox -- and LP works fine there.
exilio

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:31 am

exilio wrote:Well, I've switched to Firefox -- and LP works fine there.

If you have time for a test we'd appreciate it -- good to know if we've resolved the underlying issue with all our IE installer changes.
JoeSiegrist

Postby exilio » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:22 pm

OK, I dowloaded the latest installer, ran it, and still no luck. Works fine in Firefox, but in IE, no. 2 LP options show in the IE dropdown menu, but they don't work, and there is no icon in the top bar and no toolbar to choose. I am running Vista 64-bit and IE 7 (the 64-bit version).
exilio

Postby JoeSiegrist » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:15 am

exilio wrote:OK, I dowloaded the latest installer, ran it, and still no luck. Works fine in Firefox, but in IE, no. 2 LP options show in the IE dropdown menu, but they don't work, and there is no icon in the top bar and no toolbar to choose. I am running Vista 64-bit and IE 7 (the 64-bit version).

Oh that's the problem: we only install into the 32-bit version -- is it installed in the 32-bit version?

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby exilio » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Nope -- I don't run the 32-bit version.
OK, maybe you should post that info more prominently on your download page? :)
Meanwhile, I'm happy with Firefox.
exilio

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:48 pm

exilio wrote:Nope -- I don't run the 32-bit version.
OK, maybe you should post that info more prominently on your download page? :)
Meanwhile, I'm happy with Firefox.

If you're willing to deal with something completely alpha (and to give us feedback on it) you can try our 64-bit IE build (for Vista-64 only!):

https://lastpass.com/iex64.zip

There is just a bat file to run to register and unregister it. We've done some basic testing on it but suspect there are issues the community can help us identify. Make sure you run the 64-bit version of IE and not the 32-bit version.

Thanks,

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby exilio » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:03 am

Sorry, I can't do more testing now -- especially for a browser I no longer use.
exilio

Postby semog » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:42 am

The alpha version of LastPass does install into IE64. I have not done much testing of it, but I wanted to give you at least some feedback on it. The only pre-requisite is that the installer batch file be run from a command-prompt in Administrator mode. Otherwise, it will fail to install due to lack of proper security privileges.

My main browser is Firefox 64. I am very glad to see you working on 64-bit support. I have recently migrated to the platform, and I would like to go completely 64-bit native. Better security, better speed, etc. Please keep up the good work.
semog

Next

Return to Windows Installer Questions