LastPass logs me in after I log off a website

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

LastPass logs me in after I log off a website

Postby jeff871 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:48 pm

I like that LastPass will log me in when I come to a particular website. But when I am done with the website and log off of it, LastPass very quickly tries to log me right back in. I have to close the browser window to stop this.

Is there some setting that will allow LastPass to automatically log me into the website which I want, but lets me log off without trying to log me right back in.
jeff871

Re: LastPass logs me in after I log off a website

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:05 pm

You can either use a Never URL or turn off automatic login for that site entry

https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/account-settings/#h6
jpenny84

Postby jeff871 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:13 pm

If I use Never URL would that mean LP will not log me in at all? If so, that is not a viable solution. However, I disabled automatic login. When I launch the website, it still populates the user name and password and clicks the submit to log me in (which is good). But when I log out, it still populates the user name and password but does not click the enter, so I guess that is acceptable.
jeff871

Postby dmitrijLP » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:07 pm

jeff871 Wrote:I like that LastPass will log me in when I come to a particular website. But when I am done with the website and log off of it, LastPass very quickly tries to log me right back in. I have to close the browser window to stop this.

Is there some setting that will allow LastPass to automatically log me into the website which I want, but lets me log off without trying to log me right back in.

If preferences there is an option "Automatically login to sites if time since last login", you would need to uncheck this one, unfortunately at the moment that is not possible due to a bug with this setting, it will be addressed asap for Chrome and Firefox browsers.
dmitrijLP

Postby jeff871 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:51 pm

Okay I understand about the bug and will be on the alert for the patch to Firefox.
jeff871

Return to Windows Installer Questions