Installer removed all FireFox passwords did not import

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Installer removed all FireFox passwords did not import

Postby Daravel » Fri May 20, 2016 9:03 pm

So, after another site I use was compromised setting off another series of password changes I thought I'd give LastPass a try.

Installed it. Started it running. Allowed it to import all passwords.

Only it didn't.

It imported and deleted all passwords from Chrome. All well and good so far.

In FireFox it only deleted the passwords. Not a single one was imported in to the vault.

Here's a thought. Perhaps import the passwords first, then delete them, rather than the other way around?
Daravel

Re: Installer removed all FireFox passwords did not import

Postby Daravel » Fri May 20, 2016 9:18 pm

It's now 2 AM in the morning. Hours after I installed LastPass and I'm still in the process of trying to find or reset and store all of the passwords that were lost.

This is not a great start to encourage me to continue to use this software. Quite the opposite in fact.
Daravel

Postby MichelleLP » Sat May 21, 2016 1:26 am

Hi,

Can you please try the method here https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/importing ... nagers/#h1 on each of your browser and see if it helps? If not, please open a support ticket https://lastpass.com/my.php?lpnorefresh=1 so that we can further check your account. Thanks.
MichelleLP

Postby Daravel » Sat May 21, 2016 12:03 pm

I think you missed the crux of the issue.

I cannot manually import the passwords as the passwords are gone, deleted, removed by the installer. That part the installer successfully wiped.
What it did not do was import those same passwords in to the LastPass Vault as part of the process.

I've since been able to restore the passwords myself, albeit with a few missing ones, by going to an old backup. However, if I had not had a suitable restore point to go back to...
Daravel

Return to Windows Installer Questions