Sprint Galaxy Note 4, fingerprint reader doesn't work now.

Help with the Windows installer (lastpass.exe)

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Postby narf57 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:37 am

Hi there,
Using a Sprint Galaxy note 4. The fingerprint reader worked with Lastpass up until the upgrade to Marshmallow. Now the option is greyed out. I'm assuming the problem involves the upgrade. Any way to resolve this? thanks
narf57

Re: Sprint Galaxy Note 4, fingerprint reader doesn't work no

Postby narf57 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:36 pm

OOPS, sorry I posted this in the wrong section. I'll repost in genera questions.
narf57

Postby narf57 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi there,
Using a Sprint Galaxy note 4. The fingerprint reader worked with Lastpass up until the upgrade to Marshmallow. Now the option is greyed out. I'm assuming the problem involves the upgrade. Any way to resolve this? thanks
narf57

Postby dmitrijLP » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:05 am

This is actually a known issue when Samsung released the 6.0.1 update to their devices silently disabling the fingerprint access for Lastpass.
Please uninstall the current Lastpass app on your phone and download the app from the link below to fix the issue:
https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pli/lp ... ea1b8286f5

You will need to enable the install from "unknown sources" option on your phone to install this .apk file.
dmitrijLP

Postby narf57 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:18 am

Thanks for the reply. However, since this is a security issue and I don't know who you are and feel uncomfortable installing a password manager apk downloaded from an unknown website "cubbyusercontent.com"I think I'll wait until it is released. Thanks for the reply.
narf57

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:27 am

narf57 Wrote:Thanks for the reply. However, since this is a security issue and I don't know who you are and feel uncomfortable installing a password manager apk downloaded from an unknown website "cubbyusercontent.com"I think I'll wait until it is released. Thanks for the reply.

Red usernames are LastPass representatives LastPass is a LogMeIn company and Cubby is a LogMeIn owned cloud storage site:

https://www.cubby.com/
jpenny84

Postby narf57 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:25 pm

Thanks again for the clarification. Out of an abundance of caution I will wait until this is released on the play store, or at least when it shows up on a direct link from the Lastpass website. I'm happy that it is being worked on and that there will be a fix published soon.
narf57

Return to Windows Installer Questions